Bengals Remain Comfortable With Andy Dalton As Quarterback

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Bengals Remain Comfortable With Andy Dalton As Quarterback 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:17 pm

The Cincinnati Bengals remain comfortable with Andy Dalton as their quarterback.

\"We\'re very comfortable with Andy,\" Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin said. \"We think he\'s got a number of years left. We feel like we can win with him. But with any position group, we don\'t just throw away the whole draft board at a group just because we\'re satisfied with who we have. We\'ll evaluate them and look at them and see if there\'s an opportunity to add a guy at every position.\" 

The quarterback position is a thin one in the 2019 NFL Draft.

\"They\'re interesting,\" said Tobin of this senior class crop of quarterbacks. \"It doesn\'t appear that there\'s going to be a Peyton Manning of the group, but they each have some traits that are interesting. There are some guys with size, there\'s some guys that lack size. There\'s some guys with arm strength. The thing that we look for more than anything is accuracy and anticipation and I think there are some guys that have that in this draft. But again, it doesn\'t look like a top heavy draft at that position right now as we sit here.\"

Via Fletcher Page/Cincinnati Enquirer

HeatBeast
Freshman
And1: 25

Re: Bengals Remain Comfortable With Andy Dalton As Quarterback 

Post#2 » by HeatBeast » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:26 pm

From what I've seen whenever the Bengals play, Dalton's not one of the bigger problems for the Bengals. It's the coaching and the injuries IMO.

All it takes is a few bad plays and/or one injury to a key player and RIP the Bengals season, even if it's only the 1st/2nd game in.

The injury bug especially happening no matter how early it is in the season puts their chances of making the playoffs let alone going deep in the playoffs to rest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Boban > Wilt

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion