Re: Jamal Adams Sent Patriots Mascot To Hospital With Tackle

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jamal Adams Sent Patriots Mascot To Hospital With Tackle 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:18 pm

New York Jets safety Jamal Adams tackled Pat the Patriot on the sidelines during Pro Bowl practice on Thursday.

The hit resulted in the New England Patriots mascot being sent to the hospital.

The exchange began as a joke, but took a turn with the apparent injury.

Adams says the NFL has been calling him about the incident.

\"He [the mascot] was running around and everybody was booing him, so I said, \'You know what? Let me go tackle him,\'\" Adams said. \"I didn\'t hit him that hard, man. All jokes aside, I didn\'t hit him that hard. I don\'t know what\'s really going on, but they did tell me he\'s in the hospital. My intention was never to hurt him. it was all about just a joke but I definitely want to check on him and make sure everything is good. At the end of the day we were out here just having fun and it wasn\'t nothing intentionally to try to hurt the guy.\"

Via Will Brinson/CBS Sports

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#2 » by Barcs » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:40 pm

This is completely fake news. The entire segment with Adams and the mascot was scripted and there is no source of him going to the hospital, it was a narrative created entirely by Adams. Adams and the mascot were messing around and doing WWE moves on each other. Plus the mascot tweeted from the pro bowl on the same day he alleged went to the hospital. He was never injured. Jamal just said so and dumb ass media clowns went along with it as if it was fact. He was just trying to look like a hero to Jets fans. Love the guy.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#3 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Barcs wrote:This is completely fake news. The entire segment with Adams and the mascot was scripted and there is no source of him going to the hospital, it was a narrative created entirely by Adams. Adams and the mascot were messing around and doing WWE moves on each other. Plus the mascot tweeted from the pro bowl on the same day he alleged went to the hospital. He was never injured. Jamal just said so and dumb ass media clowns went along with it as if it was fact. He was just trying to look like a hero to Jets fans. Love the guy.

It's highly unlikely that Adams wanted people to know that he is responsible for someone being in hospital. That makes no sense!

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion