Browns Didn\'t Talk To Woman In Video During Research On Kareem Hunt

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Browns Didn\'t Talk To Woman In Video During Research On Kareem Hunt 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:22 pm

The Cleveland Browns claim they did extensive research prior to signing Kareem Hunt.

Hunt was released by the Kansas City Chiefs late last year after video surfaced of him shoving and kicking a woman.

\"We\'ve done our extensive research, and at the end of the day, in terms of doing our research, we came away that the act was egregious,\" John Dorsey said. \"He is extremely remorseful for that. Moving forward, I\'ve always believed that it is important ... if a person wants to better themselves moving forward and be a better person, I\'m willing to give them a chance in terms of doing that. All the deep research I\'ve done, I truly believe he will be a better man today than he was yesterday.\"

That research didn\'t include talking to the woman in the video whom Hunt shoved and kicked.

Dorsey said Hunt understands the Browns have a \"zero tolerance\" policy moving forward.

Via Charean Williams/Pro Football Talk

davidavydave
Sophomore
And1: 32

Re: Browns Didn\'t Talk To Woman In Video During Research On Kareem Hunt 

Post#2 » by davidavydave » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Glad he's getting another chance. Dude shouldn't have his career ruined so early on for the mistake that he made. It wasn't nearly as bad as so many other prior cases of domestic violence. Punish him, yes. Fine him, sure. Even suspend him, absolutely. But don't ruin the guy's career, he deserves another shot.

If Ben Roethlisburger and Ray Lewis get second chances....then come on. They both get to have hall of fame careers after a murder charge. It feels like Kareem Hunt is being treated worse for lightly kicking someone. This is media overreaction due to the current climate. Football itself is under heavy, heavy scrutiny. So even the smallest of things are going to trigger NFL officials to get on their high horse and act like they care about something other than their bottom line.

He didn't hurt anybody physically, just hurt their feelings. Again, he is absolutely wrong to have done that, but let's not act like he's a vicious violent womanizing bully. This is no Ray Rice case. He did shove her and she lost balance and stumbled to the ground. He shoved her with his foot when she was down. I can't even call it a kick. All throughout the occurrence, both parties were yelling and screaming. Again, he is wrong for not turning the other cheek, but this is more a disrespectful act, not a violent one.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: Browns Didn\'t Talk To Woman In Video During Research On Kareem Hunt 

Post#3 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:42 pm

I get that, but still STFU with all that extensive research crap.
He deserves another shot, but it should come at a price. 6 games minimum IMO.

They claim a "ZERO tolerance policy" but then go out and HIRE a guy AFTER he commits an assault.
They make it up as they go.

Guess morals take a backseat to talent.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion