Lions Open To Drafting Quarterback With No. 8 Pick

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lions Open To Drafting Quarterback With No. 8 Pick 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:25 pm

The Detroit Lions haven\'t ruled out using the eighth overall pick on a quarterback.

Bob Quinn has said that Matthew Stafford is the team\'s quarterback and will continue to be.

\"We\'ll consider any position in the draft at any point in time, whether it\'s the eighth overall pick or we have multiple picks later in the draft,\" Quinn said. \"We\'re in a position now with the eighth overall pick that the whole draft board is really wide open to us. We\'re not going to really eliminate any prospects.

\"In previous years, at least my last couple years here, we\'ve drafted anywhere from 16 to 22 I believe. It\'s a little bit different for us this year. There\'s a few more players that are going to be available and if there\'s a quarterback out there that we deem could help us this year or in the future, we\'ll never close the door on that.\"

Via Michael Rothstein/ESPN

juduking
Junior
And1: 23

Re: Lions Open To Drafting Quarterback With No. 8 Pick 

Post#2 » by juduking » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Clickbait title is clickbait. This was called in a reddit post yesterday. Quinn was being his normally vague self when asked what they would do and people knew ESPN would run with it and claim the Lions are looking QB at 8 when they're really not.
"Ball Don't Lie"!
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: Lions Open To Drafting Quarterback With No. 8 Pick 

Post#3 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 pm

juduking wrote:Clickbait title is clickbait. This was called in a reddit post yesterday. Quinn was being his normally vague self when asked what they would do and people knew ESPN would run with it and claim the Lions are looking QB at 8 when they're really not.

True with the clickbait.

But I think the Lions plan to trade the pick to a desperate team and cash in. If there is a good QB on the board, someone will give up multiple picks.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion