Re: NFL Settles Collusion Lawsuit With Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

NFL Settles Collusion Lawsuit With Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid have reached a settlement deal with the NFL over their collusion grievances. 

\"For the past several months, counsel for Mr. Kaepernick and Mr. Reid have engaged in an ongoing dialogue with representatives of the NFL,\" attorney Mark Geragos and the NFL said in a joint statement issued Friday. \"As a result of those discussions, the parties have decided to resolve the pending grievances. The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party.\"

Kaepernick drew national attention in 2016 when he knelt during the national anthem before games to protest social injustice. 

Kaepernick and Reid faced a difficult challenge to meet the burden of proof for collusion as defined in the league\'s CBA. The statute makes clear that unemployment alone does not mean collusion occurred.

According to the CBA: \"The failure by a club or clubs to negotiate, to submit offer sheets, or to sign contracts with restricted free agents or transition players, or to negotiate, make offers, or sign contracts for the playing services of such players or unrestricted free agents, shall not, by itself or in combination only with evidence about the playing skills of the player(s) not receiving any such offer or contract, satisfy the burden of proof set forth ....\"

To prove collusion, according to the CBA, Kaepernick and Reid would have had to show that a \"club, its employees or agents\" had \"entered into an agreement\" to restrict or limit whether to offer them a contract.

Via ESPN

oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#2 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:25 pm

Colin Kaepernick has only thrown 200+ yards per game once in his career. His team went 8-8.

I can't believe he was demanding $20,000,000+ a year.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:58 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Colin Kaepernick has only thrown 200+ yards per game once in his career. His team went 8-8.

I can't believe he was demanding $20,000,000+ a year.

I see what you did here. So the previous season when he threw for 199.8 ypg for a 12-4 team doesn’t make the cut. :wink:
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:13 pm

NFL totally caved. I wonder how much he gets? Good for Kaepernick, he deserves it. He didn't deserve to never get a chance again in the NFL just because republicans are butthurt over the anthem and using it as an excuse to ignore what he's actually protesting. He's better than at least half the backup QBs in the league, he was treated unfairly.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
The_Hater

Post#5 » by The_Hater » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:50 pm

Barcs wrote:NFL totally caved. I wonder how much he gets? Good for Kaepernick, he deserves it. He didn't deserve to never get a chance again in the NFL just because republicans are butthurt over the anthem and using it as an excuse to ignore what he's actually protesting. He's better than at least half the backup QBs in the league, he was treated unfairly.

Speculation is that Kap received between $60-80 million. But I think the real figure is sealed.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#6 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:37 am

The NFL should have stuck to their guns. Now every jerk that can't find a job in the league can claim its because the league conspired against them.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:42 am

The_Hater wrote:
Barcs wrote:NFL totally caved. I wonder how much he gets? Good for Kaepernick, he deserves it. He didn't deserve to never get a chance again in the NFL just because republicans are butthurt over the anthem and using it as an excuse to ignore what he's actually protesting. He's better than at least half the backup QBs in the league, he was treated unfairly.

Speculation is that Kap received between $60-80 million. But I think the real figure is sealed.

I can't imagine he got that kind of money. Normally when you settle even when the plaintiffs have a weak case it's to avoid legal fees. They'll decide, "It's gonna cost us $10 million to defend against the case even if we win. So pay the 4 or 5 million to f off." It's known as a shake down and it happens all the time.
BasketballJunky
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#8 » by BasketballJunky » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:49 am

No.
I know someone close enough to the situation and the same ball park was mentioned.

basketballwacko2 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I can't imagine he got that kind of money. Normally when you settle even when the plaintiffs have a weak case it's to avoid legal fees. They'll decide, "It's gonna cost us $10 million to defend against the case even if we win. So pay the 4 or 5 million to f off." It's known as a shake down and it happens all the time.
JAYZGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,528

Post#9 » by JAYZGOAT » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Good for Kap
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#10 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:45 pm

BasketballJunky wrote:No.
I know someone close enough to the situation and the same ball park was mentioned.

basketballwacko2 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

What are you saying No to, that it was a shake down or that he might have gotten less than $40-50 million. To pay that sack of excrement that kind of money is a damn shame, when he's just a bad QB and no team wants a trouble maker in their locker room.

If Kaperdick wanted to protest he should have found an appropriate venue for his protest one that would not piss off 50-75% of the fan base of the NFL. I don't think he deserved to get more than a kick in the nuts and GTFO! But that's just from someone who believes in law and order and has Police officers in my immediate family.
The_Hater

Post#11 » by The_Hater » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:55 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
BasketballJunky wrote:No.

basketballwacko2 wrote:

What are you saying No to, that it was a shake down or that he might have gotten less than $40-50 million. To pay that sack of excrement that kind of money is a damn shame, when he's just a bad QB and no team wants a trouble maker in their locker room.

If Kaperdick wanted to protest he should have found an appropriate venue for his protest one that would not piss off 50-75% of the fan base of the NFL. I don't think he deserved to get more than a kick in the nuts and GTFO! But that's just from someone who believes in law and order and has Police officers in my immediate family.

53% of people were against using anthem kneeling to protest. So a little over half.

That said almost 86% of republicans were against it but almost 75% of African Americans were for it.

Since Kap was African American and almost certainly not a republican, he wasn’t pissing off a very big percentage of the people in his own demographic, just those who already had a problem with him due to the color of his skin. And IMO, based on many comments I’ve read from people who complained about the protests, most didn’t even understand what they were about. Nor did they even care to learn what they were about. You may or may not be part of that last group?
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Re: Re: NFL Settles Collusion Lawsuit With Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid 

Post#12 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:30 am

^^^So he only alienated 53% of the fan base! Way to go Kaperdick.

It has nothing to do with party or race.
The_Hater

Re: Re: NFL Settles Collusion Lawsuit With Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid 

Post#13 » by The_Hater » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:32 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:^^^So he only alienated 53% of the fan base! Way to go Kaperdick.

It has nothing to do with party or race.

Well apparently you answered the final question in my post.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion