Re: Jordy Nelson Takes Issue With Criticism Of Aaron Rodgers

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jordy Nelson Takes Issue With Criticism Of Aaron Rodgers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:45 pm

A few former teammates have criticized Aaron Rodgers, but Jordy Nelson has come to his defense.

Nelson spent a decade with Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.

\"I think if you look, there\'s two guys — now three [with Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilia] — saying it, compared to the hundreds that are saying the opposite. It doesn\'t make sense,\" Nelson told. \"I think it\'s comical when I read those comments.\"

Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley and Gbaja-Blamilla have claimed that Rodgers changed when he got famous.

\"Everyone knows negativity sells,\" Nelson said. \"People don\'t want to hear [the good]. People feel better about themselves when they hear bad things about other people. And that\'s why that gets more pub. I mean, no one wants to hear that Aaron\'s not only obviously a great quarterback but a great leader and does everything right. All right, there\'s your story. What fun is that? So whenever they can, they go back to the well and get the same people to say the same stuff.\"

Via ESPN

rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,169

Re: Jordy Nelson Takes Issue With Criticism Of Aaron Rodgers 

Post#2 » by rockmanslim » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:36 am

Greg Jennings has a specific reason for being bitter towards Rodgers.

He reveals it starting at around the 12:20 mark of this video:

in a nutshell, it was the start of Jennings' contract year, first game of the season vs. the 49ers. During a timeout, the opposing CB asked Jennings why he wasn't getting the ball, why the playcalls had him running basic routes, etc. Jennings said, "Man I don't know, contract year, you know how it goes." Aaron Rodgers, who was listening in on their convo, decided to interject, and said to the opposing CB, "You guys (the 49ers) should get him (Jennings). You should try to get him next year." Jennings was blindsided by the comment, and it has stuck with him ever since.

I'd guess that there are more sides to the story, but that's Jennings' side.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion