Teddy Bridgewater Explains Decision To Re-Sign With Saints

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Teddy Bridgewater Explains Decision To Re-Sign With Saints 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:13 pm

Teddy Bridgewater re-signed with the New Orleans Saints this offseason, bypassing the chance to sign with another club with an avenue to start.

\"As a competitor you want to be out there starting and competing,\" Bridgewater said. \"But I just sat back and I weighed my options and thought about what would be best for me.

\"This is an opportunity for me to grow, continue to learn and expand my mental capacity as a football player.\"

Bridgewater spent the 2018 season learning behind Drew Brees, but he got a chance to start in Week 17 with the Saints\' playoff position determined.

He hadn\'t started a game since 2015.

Via Times-Picayune

dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Re: Teddy Bridgewater Explains Decision To Re-Sign With Saints 

Post#2 » by dan-man » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:10 pm

After his brutal injury, I would be gun shy as well.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Teddy Bridgewater Explains Decision To Re-Sign With Saints 

Post#3 » by Jedzz » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:56 am

dan-man wrote:After his brutal injury, I would be gun shy as well.

Can't imagine there were many options for him to start anywhere. Kind of a wise move to keep learning how best to play the position from Brees. You never know, football careers can come to a screeching halt at any time. Even a two week injury for Brees during a competitive set of games could afford Teddy the perfect opportunity to represent himself to the Saints or other teams for the future. Nick Foles and maybe Keenum recently enough got opportunities and paid based on performances coming off the bench. No shortage of examples. If the Saints want him there, stick for now.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion