Earl Thomas Doesn\'t Regret Flipping Middle Finger At Pete Carroll

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Earl Thomas Doesn\'t Regret Flipping Middle Finger At Pete Carroll 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Earl Thomas is standing by his decision to flip the middle finger to Pete Carroll last September.

\"I don\'t regret my decision,\" Thomas said. \"If my teammates felt like it was toward them, I regret that part. But I don\'t regret doing that to Pete.\"

Thomas was carted off the field with his leg in an air cast in September, after he went down with a broken left leg that required surgery in the second half of a game.

The safety didn\'t feel Carroll was being genuine when he showed concern on the field after the injury.

\"I gave Pete the middle finger because I felt like he wasn\'t being honest with me,\" Thomas said.

When Thomas took heat for the gesture last season, Carroll said people needed to cut him \"a little slack.\"

\"People that are criticizing whatever happened don\'t understand,\" Carroll said. \"This was an earth-shattering moment for a kid. He\'s trying to play this game he loves, and all of sudden this happens again. He knew exactly what happened to him, so he went right to what it\'s going to take to get back.\"

Thomas is now a member of the Baltimore Ravens.

Via Jamison Hensley/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion