Falcons To Evaluate Dan Quinn Over Bye Week

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Falcons To Evaluate Dan Quinn Over Bye Week 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Arthur Blank plans to evaluate Dan Quinn\'s status over the next few weeks after the Atlanta Falcons\' 1-7 start, but also stated he has no immediate plans to make a coaching change.

The Falcons have lost six straight games.

\"I would say, much like the coaches said, I\'m extraordinarily disappointed in the season,\'\' Blank said. \"Nobody would have anticipated 1-7, and the lack of consistency. Today was a prime example of that. ... So, we\'ll take the next couple of weeks during this bye period of time and evaluate where we are. Whatever decision we have to make will be made for the right reasons for the long term.

\"We certainly have a lot of intelligence on this coaching staff here. Besides Dan, we have [three] other head coaches [Dirk Koetter, Mike Mularkey and Raheem Morris]. We have three general managers in the building beyond Thomas [Dimitroff] -- actually four including Rich McKay. The knowledge base is here, but the performance is not. And this is a performance-driven business. I understand that. And they understand that as well. So we\'ll continue to look at everything we can and make the right decisions where we have to make them. I\'m not bashful about making those decisions. In almost 20 years, I\'ve had to [change coaches four] times, so I understand the responsibility that I have to the fans and to the sponsors and to the players and the coaches to put a winning team on the field. We\'re still committed to that 1,000 percent, and that\'s not going to change.\'\'

Via Vaughn McClure/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion