Jets Offense Has Been Clicking Since Sam Darnold-Adam Gase Meeting

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Jets Offense Has Been Clicking Since Sam Darnold-Adam Gase Meeting 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:36 pm

The New York Jets have put up 68 total points in back-to-back wins, an offensive improvement that came following an important meeting.

According to Sam Darnold and Adam Gase, a meeting between the quarterback and head coach a few weeks ago played a major role in the positive steps forward.

Darnold told Gase the things he felt most comfortable doing in the offense, which Gase said \"makes it easier because now you\'re not guessing\" about what\'s best for the offense.

\"I think it was really important for me at the time because I felt like I had a lot better understanding of the offense at that point during the season and I felt like I knew the offense well enough to go in and have a really good conversation with him about it,\" Darnold said. \"That\'s really all it was. As an offense, I feel like we\'ve been able to find our rhythm and it\'s been really good. Hopefully we can continue that this week.\"

Via Josh Alper/Pro Football Talk

23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 195

Re: Jets Offense Has Been Clicking Since Sam Darnold-Adam Gase Meeting 

Post#2 » by 23artest23 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:57 pm

You would think meetings like this take place weekly but what do I know :banghead:
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,209

Post#3 » by anatomicbomb » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:46 pm

23artest23 wrote:You would think meetings like this take place weekly but what do I know :banghead:

YES, exactly. Do they not attend the same practices or what? I don't know how this hasn't happened informally, even, let alone as part of regularly scheduled meetings (which should absolutely be happening).

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#4 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:05 am

Well, it won't be clicking much longer since you just gave away your secret.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion