Re: Jerry Jones Gives Jason Garrett Super Bowl Or Bust Mandate

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jerry Jones Gives Jason Garrett Super Bowl Or Bust Mandate 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:12 pm

Jerry Jones explicated his expectations for Jason Garrett to keep his job as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Garrett is in the final season of his current contract with the Cowboys.

\"Let me tell you, no one in this country has earned the right to say \'I\'m a Jason Garrett man\' more than me. I am his man,\" Jones said. \"And we want the very same thing. And that\'s for our players to play at their very best and we want his staff to coach at their very best. The bottom line is we get graded. I\'m in business. I don\'t have to win the Super Bowl in business every year. I can come in sixth and have a hell of a year. But in this case, you\'ve got to come in first. You\'ve got to come in first. So fundamentally, you\'ve asked for something that\'s a very narrow window to begin with. I want Jason to get it done.\"

Jones said everyone is responsible for the current situation the Cowboys are in, including himself.

\"Well, I think that I speak for everyone on our team. No team has felt like it\'s played at its very best,\" Jones said. \"No team feels that way. We\'re always looking for improvement. I\'m the general manager. So, I\'m the one who puts those coaches out there. I\'m the one who put those players out there. They\'re out there on my decision. So, when they don\'t have a good day, I don\'t have a good day either.\"

Via Kevin Patra/NFL.com

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#2 » by Jedzz » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:00 pm

Was Bowl Or Bust Mandate really quoted in there anywhere or is that just a baited headline? I supose he did say they need to come in first, while also saying the GM/owner only needs them to come in 6th for business sake.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#3 » by Barcs » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:07 pm

Jedzz wrote:Was Bowl Or Bust Mandate really quoted in there anywhere or is that just a baited headline? I supose he did say they need to come in first, while also saying the GM/owner only needs them to come in 6th for business sake.

Definite click bait. Nothing Jones said was anywhere near a super bowl or bust mandate for Garrett LOL.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#4 » by Dr_Heat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:48 am

Lol
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion