Roger Goodell: NFL Has \'Moved On\' After Colin Kaepernick\'s Workout

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Roger Goodell: NFL Has \'Moved On\' After Colin Kaepernick\'s Workout 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:21 am

Roger Goodell hadn\'t talked publicly since Colin Kaepernick\'s workout last month and seemed to dodge the issue when asked about it on Wednesday.

“I haven’t thought about this in a few weeks,” Goodell said. “This was, as I’ve said to you before, about creating an opportunity. Which Colin’s representatives came out in early October [with a list of false narratives about Kaepernick], and we created that opportunity. It was a unique opportunity, incredible opportunity, and he chose not to take it. I understand that. And, you know, we’ve moved on.”

The NFL hastily arranged a workout for Kaepernick in what appeared to be an attempt at winning positive publicity.

Via Charean Williams/ProFootballTalk

CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Re: Roger Goodell: NFL Has \'Moved On\' After Colin Kaepernick\'s Workout 

Post#2 » by CanesHeatFins » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:36 am

Hmmm no collusion huh? Doubt anyone catches it, BUT with the statement of "the NFL has moved on", the NFL commissioner has all but admitted to collusion. The NFL has 32 individual teams, with the freedom to sign any eligible free agent. Assuming he's not psychic, he is not privy to the current and FUTURE interest level of all 32 teams. I don't have a horse in this race...Just sayin tho
DarthTeufel
Junior
And1: 641

Re: Roger Goodell: NFL Has \'Moved On\' After Colin Kaepernick\'s Workout 

Post#3 » by DarthTeufel » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:02 am

CanesHeatFins wrote:Hmmm no collusion huh? Doubt anyone catches it, BUT with the statement of "the NFL has moved on", the NFL commissioner has all but admitted to collusion. The NFL has 32 individual teams, with the freedom to sign any eligible free agent. Assuming he's not psychic, he is not privy to the current and FUTURE interest level of all 32 teams. I don't have a horse in this race...Just sayin tho

There is no collussion. Teams just don't want drama around a backup QB and thats what Kap is at this point ( and has been for years now). the circus just isn't worth it.

and Kapp doesn't actually want to play either. if he did he would have tore up the CFL or not canceled his workout at the last minute. the worst thing that could happen to him would be him taking the field and absolutely **** the bed which is what would happen. it would obliterate his movement in the eyes of even sheep completely. he wants to be a martyr/social justice warrior, not a football player.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion