Luke Kuechly Retires From NFL At Age 28

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Luke Kuechly Retires From NFL At Age 28 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:52 am

Luke Kuechly has announced his retirement from the NFL after eight seasons.

Kuechly was incredibly productive in his career, but also suffered a number of injuries.

\"I think now is the right chance for me to move on,\" Kuechly said. \"It makes me sad because I love playing this game, I\'ve played it since I was a kid. It\'s my favorite thing in the world to do. The memories I have from this place and this organization and being on the field with these guys – they\'ll never go away.

\"In my heart I know it\'s the right thing to do… There\'s only one way to play this game since I was a little kid – play fast, play physical and play strong. And at this point I don\'t know if I am able to do that anymore.\"

\"Beyond his extraordinary performance on the field, Luke has had a tremendous impact on this organization and region,\" owner David Tepper said. \"In my two seasons with Luke, I quickly recognized how special of a person he is. The respect he gives and garners from others as well as the positive impact he has on his peers is second to none. It\'s obviously going to be very difficult for all of us because we know that no player can replace what he\'s been for this organization for the last eight years. His presence can\'t be replicated.\"

Via Panthers.com

big_hump
Freshman
And1: 10

Re: Luke Kuechly Retires From NFL At Age 28 

Post#2 » by big_hump » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:19 pm

I guess he needed or wanted a few more checks, but he probably should've retired 2 years ago. He is a great player, but concussions are serious business...

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion