Drew Bledsoe Never Thought Tom Brady Would Become Starter

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Drew Bledsoe Never Thought Tom Brady Would Become Starter 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Tom Brady made a strong impression on Drew Bledsoe immediately in New England, but Bledsoe didn\'t see Brady becoming a starting NFL quarterback.

\"When he was on practice squad his rookie year, I actually called my financial advisor about him,\" Bledsoe recalled to ESPN. \"I was like, \'I really like this kid. He\'s never gonna be a starter. He\'s gonna be Jason Garrett or one of those guys who\'s just going to be around forever. You\'ll really like the kid.\' And we really liked the kid, we kind of brought him in, he was over at our house for dinner probably once a week. I really liked the kid, and still do. But nobody, outside of maybe Tom himself, would have ever predicted that he would go on to be a starter in the league and be in the conversation as maybe the greatest of all time.\"

Brady was never on the practice squad, but he was the Patriots\' fourth-string quarterback at the start of his rookie season.

Via ESPN

Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Re: Drew Bledsoe Never Thought Tom Brady Would Become Starter 

Post#2 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 pm

Remind me not to hire Drew Brees as a general manager or scout for my organization...

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#3 » by Marty McFly » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:56 pm

Hield of Dreams wrote:Remind me not to hire Drew Brees as a general manager or scout for my organization...

I suggest you hire drew Bledsoe as a gm or scout for your organization, then.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#4 » by Trailbreaker » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:03 am

Hield of Dreams wrote:Remind me not to hire Drew Brees as a general manager or scout for my organization...

Wow, you never heard of Drew Bledsoe before?

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion