DeSean Jackson: Players Should Wear Microphones If Stadiums Are Empty

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

DeSean Jackson: Players Should Wear Microphones If Stadiums Are Empty 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 1, 2020 1:22 pm

If the NFL has to play games without fans this fall, DeSean Jackson believes the league should capitalize on the opportunity.

During a YouTube conversation with teammate Lane Johnson, the Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver suggested \"mic\'ing up everybody\" so that fans watching at home can get an idea of what football really sounds like.

\'Yeah, it\'s gonna get crazy. I think they should, though. They should give the fans the inside to really see what goes on between the white lines,\" Jackson said. \"It gets crazy, bro. I know in the trenches it gets crazy, and I know out there on the outside it gets crazy too with the conversations we going back and forth on.\"

Via Michael David Smith/Pro Football Talk

23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Re: DeSean Jackson: Players Should Wear Microphones If Stadiums Are Empty 

Post#2 » by 23artest23 » Mon Jun 1, 2020 7:25 pm

Don't get your hopes up for this because it won't happen. Way too much language and deragatory talk goes on for it to be on TV for the masses.
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Re: DeSean Jackson: Players Should Wear Microphones If Stadiums Are Empty 

Post#3 » by BillTheGOAT » Mon Jun 1, 2020 10:53 pm

Before reading the article I thought he suggested players use mics to communicate between each other rather than screaming and getting heard by the opposing teams.

Many times you could hear the QB call a play even with 70-80k people screaming so that wont be a problem to hear without fans.

But it would be fun, not sure the league will allow it so that scouts listening to the broadcast send information to the sidelines.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion