Cowboys Still Confident Deal With Dak Prescott Will Get Done

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Cowboys Still Confident Deal With Dak Prescott Will Get Done 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:23 pm

The Dallas Cowboys missed the deadline to get a long-term contract done with Dak Prescott before the 2020 season, but neither side seems concerned.

In his first comments since the July 15 deadline came and went, Stephen Jones suggested talks between the two sides were amicable.

\"We had a great visit with him at the deadline. We pushed to try to have a few more changes here and there to see if we could get it done,\" Jones said. \"But he\'s got such a great outlook on the Dallas Cowboys, our football team, and he\'s ready to go out and win a Super Bowl, which would only create more value for him, more value for the Cowboys.

\"So we\'re fired up about it and still have nothing but 100 percent belief in Dak and his future with the Cowboys, and that we can ultimately get a deal done. He\'s special. As Jerry and I have said, we are 110 percent behind him, and ultimately feel like we\'ll get this done.\"

Prescott will play 2020 under the $31.4 million franchise tag.

\"I don\'t want to use \'close\' in terms of negotiations. You either get a deal done or you don\'t,\" Jones said. \"We didn\'t quite get it done. I wouldn\'t put blame on either side. It\'s just one of those things, when you\'re talking about a deal as big as this is -- for our team, not just for Dak but our entire team, the ramifications that it has -- we certainly want to get it done right. I know he\'s respectful of (owner) Jerry (Jones) and myself of what we\'re trying to get accomplished, just as we are with him.\"

Via Kevin Patra/NFL

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion