Odell Beckham Jr. Accepting Probability Of Reduced Role

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Odell Beckham Jr. Accepting Probability Of Reduced Role 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:30 am

Odell Beckham Jr. appears to be accepting of the reality that he won\'t be as featured in the Cleveland Browns\' offense as he expected.

Last season, Beckham had 1,035 yards but just four touchdowns. 

“For me, one of my biggest growths has come in acceptance in a sense and for me knowing it’s probably not going to be that kind of season [with huge numbers],” Beckham said on a video call Thursday, via Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com. “Like I always say, my goal is always going to be my goal, and I don’t feel like I’m ever going to fall short of it. Like I said, learning and acceptance, so you set new goals.”

Beckham said the Michael Jordan documentary he watched during quarantine helped him develop a new mindset.

“Having a game within a game, working on a release during a run game or working something else, a new goal — aside from winning always,” Beckham said. “Nick Chubb needs to be the No. 1 rusher in the league or Kareem, too. You have two legitimate No. 1 backs in the backfield, and our team is very, very, very good at running the football, so you have to play to your strengths. Then I think you learn where you fit in and where you’re able to make your plays and how you can help the team.”

Via Charean Williams/ProFootballTalk

23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Accepting Probability Of Reduced Role 

Post#2 » by 23artest23 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:06 pm

One of the more mature takes I've heard from OBJ.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Accepting Probability Of Reduced Role 

Post#3 » by Cassius » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:45 am

That's a very smart way to spin that your QB sucks. A running game that good should open up the pass.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion