Frank Reich: Philip Rivers The Least Of My Worries

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Frank Reich: Philip Rivers The Least Of My Worries 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Philip Rivers struggled in the Indianapolis Colts\' loss to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, but Frank Reich remains confident in his quarterback.

Rivers had an interception returned for a touchdown, another pick and an intentional grounding penalty that resulted in a safety for the Browns.

\"Philip is playing really good football,\" Reich said. \"That is the least of my worries. That is the least of my worries. Philip is playing good football. You are going to have mistakes when you get in situations like that. I know we would want the interception back, but the safety, like I said, is on me. You take that away and you get that one mistake, in my mind, that was the big factor. [The safety] was not the big factor, but the one big mistake with Philip was the interception. That is it.\"

Rivers played largely mistake-free football during the Colts\' three-game winning streak which ended in Cleveland.

Via Kevin Bowen/107.5 The Fan

23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Re: Frank Reich: Philip Rivers The Least Of My Worries 

Post#2 » by 23artest23 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:15 pm

Reich ought to be worried...Rivers flatout stinks when he has to throw anything that isn't near the LOS. He is floating the ball on the mid and long range passes that aren't terribly accurate to begin with. His outside throws are INTs in the making and Colts have had luck in a handful bring dropped. He isn't getting TDs in the RZ and speaking of TDs...Mitch and Haskins have thrown just as many or more but have both been benched. I don't see Rivers being back for year 2 as the Colts were supposedly hoping for...I'm not sure that Rivers is even going to survive year 1. I've watched every game and Rivers is the biggest issue. The Oline is struggling and that's been a surprise but I think that also is partially on Rivers...defense is able to concentrate on overwhelming with the rush because the QB can't make them pay on the backend. The more I watch, the more I think Jacoby needs another chance.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion