Andy Reid\'s Son Hurt In Crash Injuring Two Children, One Severely

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Andy Reid\'s Son Hurt In Crash Injuring Two Children, One Severely 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 5, 2021 11:28 pm

Britt Reid, the son of Andy Reid and an assistant linebackers coach with the Kansas City Chiefs, was involved in a multi-vehicle crash that injured two young children.

Britt Reid struck the left front of a stranded Impala and then hit the right rear of a Traverse. 

The driver of the stranded vehicle was inside the car at the time and wasn’t injured, but the Ram truck continued forward and also struck the right rear of the Traverse.

A 5-year-old child in the backseat of the Traverse suffered life-threatening injuries and a 4-year-old, also in the backseat, suffered non-life-threatening injuries. Britt Reid received non-life-threatening injuries.

According to a search warrant filed just before midnight Thursday, a KCPD officer said they could smell \"a moderate odor of alcoholic beverages\" and that Britt Reid\'s eyes were bloodshot and red.

Britt Reid told the officer he\'d had two to three drinks, according to the search warrant application.

The officer wrote in the warrant that he observed signs of impairment, after which Reid complained of stomach pain and was transported to an area hospital for treatment.

Via Tod Palmer/Kansas City Star

RealGM
And1: 66,553

Re: Andy Reid\'s Son Hurt In Crash Injuring Two Children, One Severely 

Post#2 » by 720 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 7:26 am

What a horrible way to ruin this weekend for Andy. This was supposed to be a happy moment for Andy but his dumbass kid **** ed it up.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,739

Post#3 » by Revived » Sat Feb 6, 2021 8:47 am

Didn’t one of Andy Reid’s other kids have issues with substance abuse or alcohol as well? Or maybe I’m thinking of a different HC altogether.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#4 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Feb 6, 2021 3:09 pm

720 wrote:What a horrible way to ruin this weekend for Andy. This was supposed to be a happy moment for Andy but his dumbass kid **** ed it up.

First concern when I read that a child is in hospital with life-threatening injuries: Andy's enjoyment of SB weekend
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
RealGM
And1: 66,553

Post#5 » by 720 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 4:43 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
720 wrote:What a horrible way to ruin this weekend for Andy. This was supposed to be a happy moment for Andy but his dumbass kid **** ed it up.

First concern when I read that a child is in hospital with life-threatening injuries: Andy's enjoyment of SB weekend

What was your second concern?
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,992

Post#6 » by mastermixer » Sat Feb 6, 2021 9:29 pm

720 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

Making sure everyone knows his first concern and how great he is.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,169

Post#7 » by Laimbeer » Sat Feb 6, 2021 11:48 pm

720 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

First concern is for the victims. Second concern is Andy's son not getting off easy. No charges filed - apparently not even given a breathalyzer.

Andy has been enabling for a long time.

Nov 1, 2007

A judge who sentenced Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid's sons to jail on Thursday likened the coach's home to "a drug emporium" and questioned whether his adult sons should live there.

"There isn't any structure there that this court can depend upon," Montgomery County Judge Steven O'Neill said before sentencing 22-year-old Britt Reid to up to 23 months in jail plus probation.

"I'm saying this is a family in crisis," O'Neill said.

Earlier Thursday, O'Neill sentenced 24-year-old Garrett Reid, a drug addict and dealer who said he got a thrill out of selling drugs in "the 'hood," to up to 23 months in jail for smashing into another motorist's car while high on heroin.

O'Neill noted that searches of the Reid home found illegal and prescription drugs throughout the house. He said both boys had been overmedicated throughout much of their lives and that Britt got hooked on painkillers when he suffered a football injury in high school

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3089753
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#8 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Feb 7, 2021 12:11 am

mastermixer wrote:
720 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

Making sure everyone knows his first concern and how great he is.

My first concern was Andy. My second, Andy. My third, how much my first and second make me great. Fourth, Andy.

Won't someone please think of Andy.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion