Eagles Don\'t Feel They\'ve Gotten Fair Offer For Carson Wentz

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Eagles Don\'t Feel They\'ve Gotten Fair Offer For Carson Wentz 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 9, 2021 1:59 pm

Despite reports that the Philadelphia Eagles are close to trading Carson Wentz, negotiations may linger longer than expected.

According to a report, the Eagles are still waiting for an offer they feel is fair.

It remains to be seen what Philadelphia views as a fair offer, but rumors have indicated that the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts are willing to part with a first-round pick.

Via Mike Garafolo/NFL Network

Batsy
Sophomore
And1: 30

Re: Eagles Don\'t Feel They\'ve Gotten Fair Offer For Carson Wentz 

Post#2 » by Batsy » Tue Feb 9, 2021 4:41 pm

Translation: "We're not getting the house, the car, the kitchen sink, the kids and the bank account with the offers we'vereceived."
Clearly they want what Detroit got and/or better. The Eagles are going to overplay their hand and end up getting two 3rd rounders, thats it.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#3 » by 23artest23 » Tue Feb 9, 2021 6:52 pm

A low end 1st is the absolute best pick I'd offer for Carson and I'm hesitant to do that. Darnold looks like the better player to me and considering everything that has came out about the Jets, I'd have much more interest in plucking Darnold from dysfunction. Surround Sam with talent and an offensive line that isn't getting him killed each Sunday...I bet he turns it around. If the Eagles wanted better offers for Carson, they shouldn't have played their hand with Jalen and just stuck with Wentz. Id rather see my Colts go a different direction from Wentz but if the Colts go against that, I do have confidence that Ballard will not overpay.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#4 » by 23artest23 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:01 am

I looked up the Wentz contract and no way would the Eagles get a 1st out of me. Not even a second. Give me Wentz and a 2nd to take the locker room cancer and terrible contract. I'd send a 4th rounder back...no better.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#5 » by TimeisIllmatic » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:51 am

They are going to have to take what they can get.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion