Alex Smith: Return Put \'Wrench\' Into Washington\'s Plans

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Alex Smith: Return Put \'Wrench\' Into Washington\'s Plans 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:06 pm

Alex Smith said his comeback threw a \"wrench\" into the Washington Football Team\'s plans and that he didn\'t feel wanted by the organization this past summer.

Smith told GQ that the organization was surprised he was physically able to play.

\"They didn\'t see it, didn\'t want me there, didn\'t want me to be a part of it, didn\'t want me to be on the team, the roster, didn\'t want to give me a chance,\" Smith told the magazine. \"Mind you, it was a whole new regime, they came in; I\'m like the leftovers and I\'m hurt and I\'m this liability.

\"Heck no, they didn\'t want me there. At that point, as you can imagine, everything I\'d been through, I couldn\'t have cared less about all that. Whether you like it or not, I\'m giving this a go at this point.\"

Washington is open to retaining Smith, but the team is also exploring other options at quarterback because of the question of whether Smith can remain healthy for a full season.

Smith has a $24.4 million cap hit and Washington would save $13.8 million if it released him.

Via John Keim/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion