49ers Send Three FRPs, 2021 3rd To Dolphins For No. 3 Overall

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

49ers Send Three FRPs, 2021 3rd To Dolphins For No. 3 Overall 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:11 pm

The San Francisco 49ers have traded up to the No. 3 pick, sending the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third round pick and first round picks in 2022 and 2023 to the Miami Dolphins.

Via Adam Schefter/ESPN

niha17
Rookie
And1: 69

Re: 49ers Send Three FRPs, 2021 3rd To Dolphins For No. 3 Overall 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:00 pm

what is going on with my teams now 49ers going crazy and the bulls went crazy last night
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#3 » by delsol650 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:10 pm

Bye Jimmy.. maybe a trade back to Pats to get a pick back..
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#4 » by patman66 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:36 pm

delsol650 wrote:Bye Jimmy.. maybe a trade back to Pats to get a pick back..

not at 25 mill, he got traded for a 2nd when he made 3 mill, at 25 I don't see a trade.
FrodoFraggins
Senior
And1: 533

Post#5 » by FrodoFraggins » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:31 pm

patman66 wrote:

not at 25 mill, he got traded for a 2nd when he made 3 mill, at 25 I don't see a trade.

That's because Bill picked the team to trade him to and did not get close to market value for him. Bill wanted to prove to Kraft that Garoppolo was the QB to replace Brady and didn't want to send him to some crap team that wouldn't get the most out of him. But it is possible that they'll do him a solid in return I guess.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by patman66 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:04 am

FrodoFraggins wrote:
patman66 wrote:

That's because Bill picked the team to trade him to and did not get close to market value for him. Bill wanted to prove to Kraft that Garoppolo was the QB to replace Brady and didn't want to send him to some crap team that wouldn't get the most out of him. But it is possible that they'll do him a solid in return I guess.

Please tell me what team has 25 mill in cap space to trade for him? Denver that is it. And BB trading JG was nothing to do with kraft. Kraft wanted to stay with Brady and he was proved correct. Kraft would have loved to keep JG also, but you cant afford to carry two guys making 25mill plus. JG is scheduled to make 50 mill over the next two years and has played 1/2 the games on the schedule the last 4 years, You actually think he could get a day 2 pick even?
FrodoFraggins
Senior

Post#7 » by FrodoFraggins » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:09 am

patman66 wrote:
FrodoFraggins wrote:
patman66 wrote:

Please tell me what team has 25 mill in cap space to trade for him? Denver that is it. And BB trading JG was nothing to do with kraft. Kraft wanted to stay with Brady and he was proved correct. Kraft would have loved to keep JG also, but you cant afford to carry two guys making 25mill plus. JG is scheduled to make 50 mill over the next two years and has played 1/2 the games on the schedule the last 4 years, You actually think he could get a day 2 pick even?

Bill could have a got a LOT more trading him to say cleveland or some other craphole. But he didn't want him to flounder there and destroy his narrative.

You can't possibly tell me that Bill got fair value for jimmy.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by patman66 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:01 pm

FrodoFraggins wrote:
patman66 wrote:
FrodoFraggins wrote:

Bill could have a got a LOT more trading him to say cleveland or some other craphole. But he didn't want him to flounder there and destroy his narrative.

You can't possibly tell me that Bill got fair value for jimmy.

no he could have gotten a first from Cleveland but he wanted him out of the conference. It was not a "see you" move to Kraft. But we are talking about a guy now that has missed the majority of 3 of 4 seasons only playing 6, 6 and 3 games those seasons and the one season he did play all 16 games his coach took the ball out of his hands during the playoffs.

That is not the biography of a player getting paid 25 mill that you trade an asset for. The Pats have about 12 mill of cap room and need 1/2 of that for the draft picks and practice squad. SF is playing chicken with Jimmy G, telling him to cut his salary to say 10 mill and start the year as the starter while developing the kid and hitting FA next year after hopefully staying healthy in '21. SF wont pay JG 25 mill and neither will any other team. You don't allocate 15% of your cap space to a qb that plays 40% of the games.

I would take a flyer on JG for a one year deal at about 8mill.
big_hump
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#9 » by big_hump » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:12 pm

Please tell me what team has 25 mill in cap space to trade for him? Denver that is it. And BB trading JG was nothing to do with kraft. Kraft wanted to stay with Brady and he was proved correct. Kraft would have loved to keep JG also, but you cant afford to carry two guys making 25mill plus. JG is scheduled to make 50 mill over the next two years and has played 1/2 the games on the schedule the last 4 years, You actually think he could get a day 2 pick even?[/quote]

Keeping Brady wasn't going to improve that team. Brady went to a good situation, and they won. They the Patriots wouldn't have done any better with Brady, and it was time to move on. Teams that win lately have quarterbacks making less than market. The Patriots now have a cheap quarterback, free agents, and draft picks. The Patriots got rid of Jimmy, because Brady was insecure. They won with defense, Brady was not the catalyst, but he gets the credit. Bill knew that, but Kraft loves Brady like a son, while Bill is like "it's just business".

Only a losing team would give up anything of substance for Jimmy, but I believe he was better suited for New England, and that's why Bill was ready to let Brady go. San Francisco also has to deal with dead money if they get rid of him at the wrong time. The 49ers might have another target other than quarterback, because you aren't going to win Superbowls with rookies.
FrodoFraggins
Senior

Post#10 » by FrodoFraggins » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:20 pm

You guys act like SF can't take back salary in a trade involving JG. Very odd.
Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

Post#11 » by Nate the Great » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:43 pm

I think it’s likely the Niners draft Fields and let Jimmy start one more season. They traded next year’s #1 and signed some win-now free agents, they probably don’t want to throw a rookie QB to the wolves. Justin has all the physical qualities you look for in a QB, and Kyle sees himself as a QB mentor.

Black Lives Matter
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#12 » by PDXKnight » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:01 am

not a fan of this deal. 3 frp’s 9 times out of 10 are more valuable than 1 high one unless you strike on a franchise qb. I wouldn’t have done this unless they can get lawrence

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion