Mike Mayock On Leatherwood Pick: \'We Knew It Would Be Controversial\'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Mike Mayock On Leatherwood Pick: \'We Knew It Would Be Controversial\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:49 pm

The Las Vegas Raiders raised eyebrows when they selected Alabama offensive tackle Alex Leatherwood with the 17th overall pick on Thursday night.

\"We knew it would be controversial,\" Mike Mayock said. \"We completely understand that.\"

Mayock said Jon Gruden, offensive line coach Tom Cable and the team\'s scouts were high on Leatherwood too.

\"Coach Cable has been all over him for months now,\" Mayock said. \"Gruden loved this guy. Our scouts loved this guy. And what I like is, when the second floor in our building, which is all the coaches, and the third floor, which is all the scouts, when we’re united on a conversation like Leatherwood, that makes me feel really good about the pick.\"

Via Las Vegas Review-Journal

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Mike Mayock On Leatherwood Pick: \'We Knew It Would Be Controversial\' 

Post#2 » by The_Hater » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:02 pm

The problem here isn’t taking the guy you want, it’s not trading down to get the guy you want and adding more draft capital during the move.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: Mike Mayock On Leatherwood Pick: \'We Knew It Would Be Controversial\' 

Post#3 » by Barcs » Sat May 1, 2021 5:11 pm

Oakland reaches almost every year. I think they picked him because they really wanted AVT, and he was off the board.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion