Russell Wilson Didn\'t Request Trade, Voiced \'Unfortunate Frustrations\'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Russell Wilson Didn\'t Request Trade, Voiced \'Unfortunate Frustrations\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:59 am

Russell Wilson spoke with reporters on Thursday for the first time since his public criticisms of the franchise led to speculation he could be traded from the Seattle Seahawks. 

\"Obviously I love Seattle, I love playing here,\" Wilson said. \"I\'ve had a great career here so far. I\'ve always wanted to play here for my full career obviously. I think there was some unfortunate frustrations after the season. Obviously you want to win it all and do it all and do everything you can. I think everybody on our team does. You want to win it, and I think unfortunately I think it got a little blown out of proportion a little bit.\"

Wilson voiced his frustrations about his pass protection and perceived lack of say in personnel moves relative to other top quarterbacks.

Wilson\'s agent, Mark Rodgers, told ESPN that he would only accept a trade to one of four teams. Wilson has a no-trade clause. 

\"I did not request a trade,\" Wilson said. \"I\'ve always wanted to play here, and the reality is, I think calls were getting thrown around, this and that, and I think that\'s just a reality. But I think at the end of the day, the real reality is that I\'m here and I\'m here to win and I\'m here to win it all.\"

Via Brady Henderson/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion