Mark Murphy: Aaron Rodgers \'A Complicated Fella\'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Mark Murphy: Aaron Rodgers \'A Complicated Fella\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:10 pm

Mark Murphy invoiced the late Ted Thompson as describing Aaron Rodgers as “a complicated fella.”

Speaking at an event at Lambeau Field, Murphy made a halting remark indicating that Thompson, who drafted Rodgers, considered Rodgers to be “complicated.”

“I’m often reminded though of Ted Thompson, as most of you know, just a great general manager, passed away this past year — excuse me, earlier this year, often talked about Aaron, that he’s a comp — and it wasn’t just Aaron, a lot of different players. He would say ‘He’s a complicated fella.’ So, I’ll just say that,” Murphy said, via NBC 26 in Green Bay.

Thompson died in January and therefore isn\'t here to explain what he meant.

In that same answer without a sense of self-awareness, Murphy said, “the less both sides say publicly, the better.”

Via Michael David Smith/ProFootballTalk

bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: Mark Murphy: Aaron Rodgers \'A Complicated Fella\' 

Post#2 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:32 pm

wow another slap to the face.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#3 » by anatomicbomb » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:09 pm

Are we sure Murphy "invoiced" Thompson?

I feel like Murphy probably "invoked" Thompson, but I suppose doing so may have come at an expense to Thompson which would lead to him being invoiced for the work completed.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#4 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:56 am

anatomicbomb wrote:Are we sure Murphy "invoiced" Thompson?

I feel like Murphy probably "invoked" Thompson, but I suppose doing so may have come at an expense to Thompson which would lead to him being invoiced for the work completed.

Something tells me that invoice isn't going to be paid.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion