Jamal Adams Sitting Out Mandatory Minicamp With Seahawks

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jamal Adams Sitting Out Mandatory Minicamp With Seahawks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:05 pm

Jamal Adams will not participate in mandatory minicamp with the Seattle Seahawks this week as he seeks a new contract.

A source told ESPN earlier this month that the Seahawks and Adams\' representatives have had discussions about a new deal but that not much movement had been made towards an agreement. The source said there is still confidence within the organization that a deal will get done.

Adams is scheduled to make $9.86 million in 2021.

The Seahawks inherited that contract when they acquired Adams in a blockbuster trade last July for a package that included Seattle\'s 2021 and 2022 first-round picks.

Via Brady Henderson/ESPN

niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Re: Jamal Adams Sitting Out Mandatory Minicamp With Seahawks 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:34 pm

Just like what he did in NY. I dont even know if the seahawk can give him more based on their cap space but forget that for now. He forced a trade 1 time and the seahawks gave away 2 first for him LOL but now he wont play out the contact he has. I hope seattle dont fold to him and fine him everyday for being a distraction.
MINDKCUF
Senior
And1: 577

Post#3 » by MINDKCUF » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:03 pm

niha17 wrote:Just like what he did in NY. I dont even know if the seahawk can give him more based on their cap space but forget that for now. He forced a trade 1 time and the seahawks gave away 2 first for him LOL but now he wont play out the contact he has. I hope seattle dont fold to him and fine him everyday for being a distraction.

agreed, he seems like a problem for any franchise.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#4 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:55 am

niha17 wrote:Just like what he did in NY. I dont even know if the seahawk can give him more based on their cap space but forget that for now. He forced a trade 1 time and the seahawks gave away 2 first for him LOL but now he wont play out the contact he has. I hope seattle dont fold to him and fine him everyday for being a distraction.

$10 mil is underpaying him. In football these guys can't afford to be underpaid for even a season. Better for him to sit out and save his body a year of punishment, particularly as a safety and with the very physical way he plays. Seahawks will pay him, they have no choice.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion