Bears Move To Arlington Heights Is \'Still On The Table\'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bears Move To Arlington Heights Is \'Still On The Table\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:19 pm

The Chicago Bears are apparently considering relocating to Arlington Heights, a suburb that sits roughly 30 miles outside of the city.

During an interview on Monday, Arlington Heights Mayor Tom Hayes made it clear that it\'s still completely possible the Bears might move to his city. 

\"It\'s still on the table, to my understanding, but it\'s a complete, definite \'maybe,\'\" Hayes said. \"I\'m not in a position where I could say it\'s a definite \'go\' or definite \'no go.\'\"

The allure of Arlington Heights comes from the fact that the city is about to have 326 acres available where a new stadium could be built.

Via John Breech/CBS Sports

Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Re: Bears Move To Arlington Heights Is \'Still On The Table\' 

Post#2 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:17 pm

So the mayor said he doesn’t know if they’ll move there. Great insight…
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,817

Post#3 » by HotelVitale » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:36 pm

It's a dumb idea to move the Bears outside of a central part of the city, but Arlington Heights isn't "30 miles outside the city." It's about 5 miles away from the Chicago border at its southern tip--and technically it borders directly on Chicago since O'Hare is part of the city.

It's true that Arlington Heights is pretty far from downtown Chicago, but even then it's like 20 miles from the Sears Tower to downtown Arlington Heights. Again still a bad idea--it's good for the city as a whole if the team stays central--but the geography aint accurate here. If it were actually 30 miles outside the city it'd be way out in the sticks.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#4 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:26 am

heres another news flash.
no chance it happens.
leave big city, less revenue.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion