Sony Michel \'Surprised\' By Trade To Rams

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Sony Michel \'Surprised\' By Trade To Rams 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:35 am

Sony Michel was at practice with the Los Angeles Rams on Thursday, a day after coming to the team in a trade with the New England Patriots.

\"I was surprised,\" Michel said about being traded. \"I would assume that most people, when they\'re traded, they\'re surprised a little bit.\"

The Patriots used the 31st overall pick on the running back in 2018.

\"Last two days kind of just been, the best way I can put it is football terminology, sudden change,\" Michel said. \"It\'s like, something suddenly happens and you just got to get ready to kind of execute. Not much time could be wasted. Just kind of got to get up, get ready to go and kind of get adjusted, acclimated with the new adjustment.\"

Via Lindsey Thiry/ESPN

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Re: Sony Michel \'Surprised\' By Trade To Rams 

Post#2 » by The Lamma » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Good move. Needed to be done with Akers going down. Didn't overpay. (a 4th and a 6th rounder). Darrell Henderson is a decent back but isn't enough to shoulder the entire work load. It's a win for the Rammies.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Re: Sony Michel \'Surprised\' By Trade To Rams 

Post#3 » by 23artest23 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:06 pm

I'd say the Patriots won this deal. They had a glut of RBs and Michel has been pretty disappointing in my estimation...to flip Sony for a 4th and 6th rounder seems like a win at this point.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion