Dolphins, Texans Have Agreed To Framework Of Deshaun Watson Deal

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Dolphins, Texans Have Agreed To Framework Of Deshaun Watson Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:42 pm

The Miami Dolphins and Houston Texans have agreed to the compensation involved in a Deshaun Watson trade, according to a report.

The trade has been approved by Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, but the sticking point is that he wants the quarterback\'s legal issues resolved before it\'s executed.

The only realistic way for that to occur prior to the Nov. 2 trade deadline would be if Watson settled his 22 civil suits.

Via John McClain/Houston Chronicle

23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Re: Dolphins, Texans Have Agreed To Framework Of Deshaun Watson Deal 

Post#2 » by 23artest23 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 pm

I think that'll go down as a massive mistake if it were to end up happening. I can't imagine voluntarily taking on a guy that will bring a circus with him each Sunday. In all seriousness, it'll be an event to see each week...he will bring that level of dysfunction with him.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Re: Dolphins, Texans Have Agreed To Framework Of Deshaun Watson Deal 

Post#3 » by anatomicbomb » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:04 am

23artest23 wrote:I think that'll go down as a massive mistake if it were to end up happening. I can't imagine voluntarily taking on a guy that will bring a circus with him each Sunday. In all seriousness, it'll be an event to see each week...he will bring that level of dysfunction with him.

And it's not like the Dolphins are just a better QB away from competing for the Super Bowl. I don't get it at all, especially with the super-high asking price, knowing full well that he might end up suspended for an entire season or even banned indefinitely. When a punishment is handed down the price for Watson will drop like a stone, and it doesn't seem like there's hot competition to land a trade so why the Dolphins would rush now is completely beyond me.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion