Jalen Hurts Will Remain Starter For Eagles

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jalen Hurts Will Remain Starter For Eagles 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:37 pm

Gardner Minshew impressed in his first start for the Philadelphia Eagles, leading the team to a 33-18 win over the New York Jets on Sunday afternoon.

Jalen Hurts was sidelined in the Week 13 game due to an ankle injury.

The offense scored on each of its first seven drives under Minshew, who posted a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating in the first half.

\"I think he\'s played really good football,\" Nick Sirianni said of Hurts. \"There\'s been times when he\'s been one of the best in the league. The way he\'s moved around, made plays, we look at that quarterback rating and what he\'s had there. He\'s played really good football when he\'s in, so when he\'s healthy and he\'s back, he\'ll be our starter.\"

Via Tim McManus/ESPN

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Re: Jalen Hurts Will Remain Starter For Eagles 

Post#2 » by the_process » Mon Dec 6, 2021 4:51 pm

The whole "don't lose your job to injury" has been proven wrong so many times.

And we all already know Hurts is mediocre at best. Why are we wasting time with feelings in pro sports?
donemilio21
Veteran
And1: 761

Post#3 » by donemilio21 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 10:30 pm

the_process wrote:The whole "don't lose your job to injury" has been proven wrong so many times.

And we all already know Hurts is mediocre at best. Why are we wasting time with feelings in pro sports?

Eagles may have a great chance to trade for Russell Wilson, if Seattle makes him available. Hurts + 2 or 3 first rounders' (Eagles have three 1st round picks in 2022) would most likely be the best offer Seattle would receive.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#4 » by the_process » Mon Dec 6, 2021 10:44 pm

donemilio21 wrote:
the_process wrote:The whole "don't lose your job to injury" has been proven wrong so many times.

Eagles may have a great chance to trade for Russell Wilson, if Seattle makes him available. Hurts + 2 or 3 first rounders' (Eagles have three 1st round picks in 2022) would most likely be the best offer Seattle would receive.

Are we sure Wilson isn't washed? I feel like he's right about there.

Anyway, I'd rather deal Hurts, a 1st, and a 2nd for Watson and take my chances.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion