49ers Claim To Have Offer Of Two 2nd Rounders For Jimmy Garoppolo

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

49ers Claim To Have Offer Of Two 2nd Rounders For Jimmy Garoppolo 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:25 pm

The San Francisco 49ers are telling teams they have an offer on the table for Jimmy Garoppolo of two second round picks.

The 49ers acquired Garoppolo from the New England Patriots in 2017 for one second round pick.

The potential destinations for Garoppolo include the Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints, Houston Texans and potentially the Carolina Panthers.

Via Mike Florio/ProFootballTalk

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 520

Re: 49ers Claim To Have Offer Of Two 2nd Rounders For Jimmy Garoppolo 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Padding their position. If you got the guy for one second rounder in 2017, you’re not giving him away for two now.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,225

Post#3 » by King4Day » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:10 pm

Willing to bet that offer is no longer 2 2nd rounders. Carolina is really the only team left who needs a QB. Maybe Philly too. With Baker out there, I'm not sure team are running to deal 2 2nd's anymore.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#4 » by 23artest23 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:20 pm

King4Day wrote:Willing to bet that offer is no longer 2 2nd rounders. Carolina is really the only team left who needs a QB. Maybe Philly too. With Baker out there, I'm not sure team are running to deal 2 2nd's anymore.

I doubt they ever had that offer to begin with because it would've been a big overpay. I'd add Seattle to that list of teams needing a QB though. I see it as just Seattle and Carolina. Texans seem content and I doubt Philly is a player as Hurts seems to have won them over and Minshew might be the best backup in the league.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#5 » by 23artest23 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:23 pm

I suppose Seattle isn't all that realistic though being that the 49ers aren't going to want to face Jimmy 2+ times a year. Seems to me like it just about has to be Carolina that Jimmy ends up with unless the 49ers hold onto him.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,225

Post#6 » by King4Day » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:50 pm

23artest23 wrote:
King4Day wrote:Willing to bet that offer is no longer 2 2nd rounders. Carolina is really the only team left who needs a QB. Maybe Philly too. With Baker out there, I'm not sure team are running to deal 2 2nd's anymore.

I doubt they ever had that offer to begin with because it would've been a big overpay. I'd add Seattle to that list of teams needing a QB though. I see it as just Seattle and Carolina. Texans seem content and I doubt Philly is a player as Hurts seems to have won them over and Minshew might be the best backup in the league.

Good call. Not sure how I forgot about Seattle.
After seeing what the Falcons got for Ryan, I think a single 2nd rounder would be a win for them.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion