Drew Brees Opens Door For Return To Football

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Drew Brees Opens Door For Return To Football 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 16, 2022 1:24 pm

Drew Brees will leave NBC after just one season as an analyst, according to a report.

The retired quarterback commented on the report in a tweet posted Sunday:

\"Despite speculation from media about my future this fall, I\'m currently undecided. I may work for NBC, I may play football again, I may focus on business and philanthropy, I may train for the pickleball tour, senior golf tour, coach my kids or all of the above. I\'ll let you know.\"

Another report stated that Brees\' contract with NBC was longer than one year.

Via Mike Florio/Pro Football Talk

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Re: Drew Brees Opens Door For Return To Football 

Post#2 » by King4Day » Mon May 16, 2022 6:37 pm

I don't think he was serious when saying this. Even if true, he won't fit with the Saints unless he wants to fight for backup. I'm sure other teams would consider taking a flyer to battle for starter though.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#3 » by niha17 » Tue May 17, 2022 1:14 am

This article probably means that he's coming back to the saints cuz I don't even know who their quarterback is do they want that bum from Tampa to still QB the saints or is it the guy that wants to run the ball every time
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,082
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#4 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue May 17, 2022 10:19 am

King4Day wrote:I don't think he was serious when saying this. Even if true, he won't fit with the Saints unless he wants to fight for backup. I'm sure other teams would consider taking a flyer to battle for starter though.

Lmao what? If he comes back, he's easily starter over coming off major knee surgery Winston, and the other garbage pail QBs we have.

That said, Brees' arm strength has been fading for years, and particularly as the seasons drag on... and he's been particularly vulnerable to injury and such. Can't see him being in better shape physically sitting pretty for a whole year.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#5 » by King4Day » Tue May 17, 2022 12:55 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
King4Day wrote:I don't think he was serious when saying this. Even if true, he won't fit with the Saints unless he wants to fight for backup. I'm sure other teams would consider taking a flyer to battle for starter though.

Lmao what? If he comes back, he's easily starter over coming off major knee surgery Winston, and the other garbage pail QBs we have.

That said, Brees' arm strength has been fading for years, and particularly as the seasons drag on... and he's been particularly vulnerable to injury and such. Can't see him being in better shape physically sitting pretty for a whole year.

Even coming off an ACL, it's hard to see Brees being more effective, 2 years later, than he was his final season when he wasn't very good. Of course if he competes at camp and looks like his old self, you do what you have to do, but now you've burned your bridge with Winston for maybe a year of Brees
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion