Former Chiefs Assistant Britt Reid Gets Three-Year Prison Sentence

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Former Chiefs Assistant Britt Reid Gets Three-Year Prison Sentence 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 2, 2022 1:03 pm

Former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid was sentenced on Tuesday to three years in prison for driving drunk, speeding and hitting two parked cars last year.

The incident left a 5-year-old girl with a serious brain injury.

Reid pleaded guilty in September to driving while intoxicated, causing serious bodily injury.

Prosecutors said Reid, the son of Andy Reid, was intoxicated and driving about 84 mph in a 65 mph zone when his Dodge truck hit the cars on an entrance ramp to Interstate 435 near Arrowhead Stadium on Feb. 4, 2021.

Via ESPN

hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,298

Re: Former Chiefs Assistant Britt Reid Gets Three-Year Prison Sentence 

Post#2 » by hippesthippo » Wed Nov 2, 2022 2:09 pm

I don't know what went wrong, but Andy Reid's children have seen far more tragedy than any parent should have to endure.

That Andy Reid is able to just keep chugging along as one of the NFL's most successful head coach's the last few decades is either a testament to his determination and resolve, or a damning picture of what happens when children with far too much money for their own good grow up with a father who only leaves work to come home and sleep.

Personally, I find that 3-year sentence insulting. Unbelievable luck that the girl didn't die, but her life and the life of her family have been forever altered. I'll admit that Britt looked broken by the situation and certainly seemed remorseful, but we regularly imprison people who have committed far lesser crimes to significantly longer sentences.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion