Kyle Shanahan: Brock Purdy Is \'Most Poised Rookie\' I\'ve Ever Seen

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyle Shanahan: Brock Purdy Is \'Most Poised Rookie\' I\'ve Ever Seen 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:53 pm

Brock Purdy led the San Francisco 49ers to a win over the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday night despite playing with an oblique/ribs injury that left his status up in the air until hours before kickoff.

Kyle Shanahan said after the game that he wasn\'t sure if Purdy would be able to make it through the whole game even if he started.

\"He\'s definitely the most poised rookie I\'ve ever had. He\'s been like that since he\'s gotten here,\" Shanahan said.

\"He was poised all week, even with him being unsure of whether he\'d be able to go or not. ... And under the circumstances, we didn\'t have any other choices, we were going to see how long he could last, and we were ready to go with [backup] Josh [Johnson]. But he just got comfortable, he got better as the game went, and it was pretty unbelievable.\"

Via Coral Smith/NFL

niha17
Rookie
And1: 69

Re: Kyle Shanahan: Brock Purdy Is \'Most Poised Rookie\' I\'ve Ever Seen 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:52 pm

they are going to have an all out battle for QB1 after the season. Lance might be holding the clipboard if this kid goes and balls out the rest of the year
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Re: Kyle Shanahan: Brock Purdy Is \'Most Poised Rookie\' I\'ve Ever Seen 

Post#3 » by TimeisIllmatic » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:49 pm

niha17 wrote:they are going to have an all out battle for QB1 after the season. Lance might be holding the clipboard if this kid goes and balls out the rest of the year

Yeah or sell high on Trey Lance. There will be teams desperate enough to spend a high pick on him because of his potential.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion