Mike McDaniel: Tua Tagovailoa Not Part Of Equation For Finale

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Mike McDaniel: Tua Tagovailoa Not Part Of Equation For Finale 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 3, 2023 1:54 pm

Mike McDaniel reiterated Monday that there is no timeline for Tua Tagovailoa to return from concussion protocol.

The Miami Dolphins will start either Teddy Bridgewater or Skylar Thompson in their season finale against the New York Jets.

Tagovailoa was placed into protocol last week after sustaining his second documented concussion of the season in the Dolphins\' loss to the Green Bay Packers on Dec. 25.

Bridgewater started in his place during Sunday\'s 23-21 loss to the New England Patriots but was forced to leave the game early after sustaining an injury to the pinkie finger on his right hand.

\"I haven\'t even thought about [Tagovailoa\'s] playing status. It\'s about him getting healthy each and every day,\" McDaniel said. \"And so I can\'t really even factor him into any sort of equation until we\'re ready to broach that. It\'s just really a situation of, at this point in the week -- Monday and Tuesday game prep -- I\'ll be preparing for both Skylar and Teddy, and then proceed as the week progresses.\"

The Dolphins need to beat the Jets and have the New England Patriots lose to the Buffalo Bills in Week 18 to make the playoffs.

Via Marcel Louis-Jacques/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion