Patrick Mahomes Says He\'s \'Ready To Go\' For AFC Title Game

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Patrick Mahomes Says He\'s \'Ready To Go\' For AFC Title Game 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:30 pm

Patrick Mahomes is leaving no doubt that he\'ll play against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.

\"AFC championship week,\" Mahomes said. \"Ready to go.\"

Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain in the first quarter of the Kansas City Chiefs\' 27-20 playoff victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Saturday. He returned to the game in the second half.

Mahomes was listed as a full participant at Wednesday\'s practice. Mahomes said the ankle has progressed since the game against the Jaguars.

\"It\'s doing good,\" he said. \"I\'ve done a few days of treatment, a few days of rehab. Excited to get on the practice field and kind of test it out and see where I\'m at. But it\'s feeling good so far.

\"I felt better than I thought I was going to be after the game. Moving on it during the game definitely hurt. But after the game, I was able to rest it and kind of ice it up and do different stuff like that. I felt in a little bit better position, and obviously the next morning felt a little bit better, and then I\'ve continued to get better throughout the week, so we\'ll see how I feel today at practice.\"

Via Associated Press

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion