Packers GM: Talks With Aaron Rodgers \'Never Transpired\'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Packers GM: Talks With Aaron Rodgers \'Never Transpired\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:33 pm

Green Bay Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said Monday that he has been unsuccessful in his attempts to reach out to Aaron Rodgers since their final meeting in January, shortly after last season.

Gutekunst\'s comments come less than two weeks after Rodgers told Pat McAfee that the Packers were not direct with him about their intentions and how he fit into their plans for the 2023 season.

\"I was really looking forward to the conversations with Aaron to see how he fit into that,\" Gutekunst said. \"Those never transpired. So there came a time where we had to make some decisions, so we went through his representatives to try to talk to him [about] where were we going with our team. At that point, they informed us that he would like to be traded to the [New York] Jets.\"

Gutekunst said he was under the impression that after the end-of-season meetings were concluded they would talk again, when both sides had a chance to assess the situation.

\"Our inability to reach him or for him to respond in any way,\" he said, \"I think at that point, I had to do my job and kind of reach out [to other teams] and understand that a trade could be possible and see who was interested.\"

Via Rob Demovsky/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion