Rams DC Raheem Morris Helps Save Drowning Child

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Rams DC Raheem Morris Helps Save Drowning Child 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:01 pm

Los Angeles Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris helped save a child who was drowning in a Las Vegas pool over Memorial Day Weekend.

Morris was at the Encore Las Vegas with his family when he saw a young boy drowning in the hotel pool. The 3-year-old boy had no pulse when he was taken out of the pool by his father and brought over to a lifeguard.

As the lifeguard began performing CPR compressions, Morris said he rushed over to see how he could help.

\"I saw people calling 911 so my first question was, where is the AED?\" Morris said, referring to an automatic external defibrillator, which Morris then ran to retrieve. \"When I got back, we had a doctor on site that was able to start the compressions. I was able to hand the AED to him, get it open for him, put the pads on the child, and he ended up being OK.\"

Morris credited the Rams\' recent CPR, AED and first aid training facilitated by Reggie Scott, the team\'s vice president of sports medicine and performance, for helping him be aware of proper protocols and knowing the importance of an AED.

The boy was released from the hospital about 24 hours after the incident.

Via Paolo Uggetti/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion