Jets\' Garrett Wilson: 14-Game Skid Against Patriots \'Unacceptable\'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

Jets\' Garrett Wilson: 14-Game Skid Against Patriots \'Unacceptable\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:32 pm

Garrett Wilson believes it\'s time for the New York Jets to end their 14-game losing streak to the New England Patriots.

\"It\'s time that things change around here,\" Wilson said Tuesday during his weekly appearance on ESPN New York\'s \"Bart & Hahn\" show.

\"I don\'t like talking about it too much, but this is one of the first steps. Fourteen straight is unacceptable. That\'s unacceptable. I\'m 0-2 against them. That\'s unacceptable.\"

The Jets will get a chance to end the streak Sunday at MetLife Stadium.

\"I inherited -- I walked into a team that, we haven\'t beaten the Patriots,\" Wilson said. \"I feel like that\'s why they brought me here, brought me and Sauce [Gardner] here and the guys here -- to make things like that change. It\'s time we do what we get paid for.\"

Wilson wasn\'t old enough to drive the last time the Jets beat the Patriots. It was Dec. 27, 2015, when he was 15 years old.

Via Rich Cimini/ESPN

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 740

Re: Jets\' Garrett Wilson: 14-Game Skid Against Patriots \'Unacceptable\' 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:48 pm

He's right. This is a HUGE game for Zach Wilson and the Jets as a whole. If they want to have a chance at the playoffs, you have to be able to beat the Patriots at least once. Hopefully they can slay the beast finally and move past the losing streak to BB.

Being 2-0 in the division and 2-1 overall with the schedule they have would be huge. The Jets came very close the last couple years. Hopefully the defense can disrupt Mac Jones and force him into some mistakes and the offense can do enough to win.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion