Anthony Richardson Says He Won\'t Change Playing Style

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Anthony Richardson Says He Won\'t Change Playing Style 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:58 pm

Despite suffering a season-ending shoulder injury, Anthony Richardson says he won\'t change his playing style as he prepares for his second season with the Indianapolis Colts.

Richardson has given some thought to how he sustained his injuries.

\"I don\'t think so,\" Richardson said of changing how he plays. \"It\'s just a matter of me just being out there and just learning when to get down, when not to get down. Some of the injuries were unfortunate. My ankle got stepped on, hitting my knee on the turf really hard. Just stuff like that. Stuff that I can\'t control.\"

Instead of playing less aggressively, Richardson wants to play smarter.

\"The [injuries] that I can control, I\'ve got to prevent those,\" he said. \"Like me slowing up near the end zone, getting a concussion, that was completely on me. Getting tackled [against the Tennessee Titans], I can\'t really prevent that. I was trying to brace myself for it and just unfortunately my shoulder just did what it did. But I don\'t think I have to change the way I play. Just being a little smarter.\"

Via Stephen Holder/ESPN

balla4lyf23
Sophomore
And1: 97

Re: Anthony Richardson Says He Won\'t Change Playing Style 

Post#2 » by balla4lyf23 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:50 pm

don't like how hes approaching this. he obv didnt learn his lesson this year. im not saying turn into a pocket QB but he has to make at least some changes
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Re: Anthony Richardson Says He Won\'t Change Playing Style 

Post#3 » by TimeisIllmatic » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:09 pm

balla4lyf23 wrote:don't like how hes approaching this. he obv didnt learn his lesson this year. im not saying turn into a pocket QB but he has to make at least some changes

Yeah this sounds like a RG3 situation waiting to happen. I hope I am wrong because AR has a rifle of an arm.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion