Kirk Cousins Feels He Can \'Retire A Falcon\'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kirk Cousins Feels He Can \'Retire A Falcon\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:22 pm

Kirk Cousins said Wednesday that part of the reason he signed with the Atlanta Falcons was the team\'s long-term vision for the quarterback.

His wife, Julie, grew up near Atlanta. Cousins has spent parts of offseasons in his father-in-law\'s basement in Johns Creek, Georgia.

\"I think in Minnesota it was trending over the last couple offseasons to being somewhat year-to-year,\" Cousins said. \"And as we talked with Atlanta, it felt like this was a place where, if I play at the level I expect to play, that I can retire a Falcon.

\"And that was something that really excited me, and that\'s certainly the goal and you gotta earn the right to do that.\"

Cousins continues to recover from a torn right Achilles suffered in October, the first surgery of the 35-year-old\'s life. He called the rehab \"a really positive process\" and credited the Vikings training staff and his own trainers for helping him get through the first few months following surgery.

Via Michael Rothstein/ESPN

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Re: Kirk Cousins Feels He Can \'Retire A Falcon\' 

Post#2 » by Revived » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:15 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:Kirk Cousins said Wednesday that part of the reason he signed with the Atlanta Falcons was the team\'s long-term vision for the quarterback.

I think the main “part” why he signed with Atlanta is because they were the only team willing to pay $180 million with $90 million guaranteed for a 35 year old QB coming off an Achilles tear with one playoff win in 12 years.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion