Dak Prescott Not Worried About Deal: \'I Don\'t Play For Money\'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 300

Dak Prescott Not Worried About Deal: \'I Don\'t Play For Money\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 23, 2024 1:06 pm

Dak Prescott has shown patience with the Dallas Cowboys as they have failed to sign the quarterback to a long-term contract extension.

\"I don\'t play for money. Never have never cared for it, to be honest with you, yeah,\" Prescott said. \"Would give it up just to play this game. So, I allow that to the business people to say what it\'s worth, what they\'re supposed to give a quarterback of my play, a person of my play, a leader of my play. For me, it\'s about, as I said, control what I can control and handle that part and the rest will take care of itself.\"

Prescott is in the final year of a four-year, $160 million deal he signed in 2021. He has a no-trade clause in his contract, and the team cannot use the franchise tag on him next year.

Via Todd Archer/ESPN

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 746

Re: Dak Prescott Not Worried About Deal: \'I Don\'t Play For Money\' 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Thu May 23, 2024 8:00 pm

Nice, so he'll be playing for free this year then?
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 69

Post#3 » by objectivefan » Thu May 23, 2024 8:28 pm

Barcs wrote:Nice, so he'll be playing for free this year then?

He cannot play for free, there is a minimum salary that was negotiated by the players' union and the owners.

Dak saying he doesn't play for money doesn't mean he doesn't want to be compensated at the market rate. He has an agent to handle contract negotiations, while he lies to the public.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,129

Post#4 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 23, 2024 9:46 pm

objectivefan wrote:
Barcs wrote:Nice, so he'll be playing for free this year then?

He cannot play for free, there is a minimum salary that was negotiated by the players' union and the owners.

Dak saying he doesn't play for money doesn't mean he doesn't want to be compensated at the market rate. He has an agent to handle contract negotiations, while he lies to the public.

He's not playing for any minimum and he does want to be compensated at market rate. This was fake talk that was totally unnecessary to say because he won't back it up. And I'm a Cowboys fan but I hate when someone is being fake and he is. Just shut up and let your agent handle the money that's all you have to say too if asked "my agent is handling the negotations" but don't say you don't play for money because you do.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,129

Post#5 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 23, 2024 9:47 pm

The site is running slow for me and it posted twice.
niha17
Bench Warmer
And1: 76

Post#6 » by niha17 » Fri May 24, 2024 2:59 am

you literally play for money

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion