Jason Kidd

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXewIR7Y7cc[/youtube]
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Re: Team One-Way vs. Team Two-Way 

Post#2 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:27 am

Barkley and curry on the same team?

Oh, screw logic then, it's team one way bruh.

On a serious note, that looks like an unfair combination. Possibly the best of its "kind"
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#3 » by Quotatious » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:36 am

Voted Team Two-Way, but close. Mutombo/Barkley frontcourt looks absolutely insane (awesome rebounding, arguably the best modern defensive center, and arguably the best offensive PF ever, you can't hope for a better complementary fit), and Curry in the backcourt...Yeah, it's amazing, but I have one big problem with them - Rodman and Allen are non-factors from beyond the arc, and Barkley is a very poor 3-pt shooter. Their spacing would suck, even with Curry.

Meanwhile, even though prime Pippen and Kidd were mediocre 3-pt shooters, they were still respectable enough that you couldn't leave them wide open. Dumars was an excellent 3-pt shooter.

Team Two-Way wins the series in 6, IMO.
Jim Naismith
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Post#4 » by Jim Naismith » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:17 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Barkley and curry on the same team?

On a serious note, that looks like an unfair combination. Possibly the best of its "kind"

How is this unfair when it could be argued that Team Two-Way has a better player at 4 of the 5 positions?
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#5 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Jim Naismith wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:Barkley and curry on the same team?

How is this unfair when it could be argued that Team Two-Way has a better player at 4 of the 5 positions?

I'm talking about curry and Berkeley being an unfair combination.

Logic would say team two way, but when it comes to this kind of potential combination, I mean, I really don't see a limit.
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
ThunderDan9
Veteran
And1: 489

Post#6 » by ThunderDan9 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Thanks for Blondie. :nod:

Very difficult comparison... Team Two-Way has the slightly better roster in terms of individual talent, even despite Team One-Way having Barkley and Curry - the two most dominant offensive players in this matchup, hands down. As Q said, Tony Allen AND Rodman would hurt Team One-Way, even if they have Barkley and Curry (and a decent third option in Mutombo). Of course it's a Championship level team, easily, but here... they are against another monster team, which makes the 2004 Pistons look like a poor, poor team. :lol: So they can't afford to have two total non-factors on offense.

In the end, while I love the offensive star power as a rule, I choose Team Two-Way here. Every one can score there, and that's a major bonus in an otherwise pretty close match-up.
PC Board All Time Fantasy Draft:

PG Mark Price (92-94)
SG Manu Ginobili (05-07)
SF Larry Bird (84-86)
PF Horace Grant (93-95)
C Dwight Howard (09-11)
+
Bernard King (82-84) Vlade Divac (95-97) Derek Harper (88-90) Dan Majerle (91-93) Josh Smith (10-12)
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#7 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:10 pm

Team one way . Just too much offense and great defensive anchor in mutumbo. Not enough offense on team two way . Ever position offensively favors team one way. Plus they have mutumbo they win in 5
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#8 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:44 pm

I think this might be a more fair comparison if Team Two-Way defense was backed off a bit. Maybe make KG into Mailman, Pippen into Pierce, Dumars into Richmond or something. As it is, you have Barkley and Curry having to carry three limited offensive roleplayers against the GOAT defensive team. That's two much I think.
NinjaSheppard
Sixth Man
And1: 1,404

Post#9 » by NinjaSheppard » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Team one way sucks

Rodman and Allen as your wings would destroy the offense no matter who godly Curry/Barkley are on offense.

Team 2 way would easily shut them down and blow them out by 20+ in each game.

Return to Player Comparisons