What grade do you give the Wizards for their $80M max extension for John Wall?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What grade do you give the Wizards for their $80M max extension for John Wall? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Thu Aug 1, 2013 4:22 am

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. F
edward00
Freshman
And1: 2

Re: What grade do you give the Wizards for their $80M max ex 

Post#2 » by edward00 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 3:26 pm

At first I was really skeptical why Wizards would make such a move with Wall... If you look at the players in every team, it is true that Wall does not deserve a max contract... But if you look at Wizard's past, they also signed Gilbert to a 6 year 111 million contract, which is the dumbest move in NBA history to date...
Wall is still young, but still has some potential to be exploited...he kinda reminds me of Rose when he just entered the league... at first I felt the same with Rose when he first entered the league as well...I felt Beasley had more upside potential compared with Rose...but couple years later, it became more obvious that Rose was definitely improving at a even higher rate than Beasley, and I do admit I was wrong about Rose's potential. At least I don't think this contract is as worse as Arenas's contract... but maybe Wall can prove all of us wrong with his future.
luxurytax
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by luxurytax » Fri Aug 2, 2013 4:04 pm

edward00 wrote:At first I was really skeptical why Wizards would make such a move with Wall... If you look at the players in every team, it is true that Wall does not deserve a max contract... But if you look at Wizard's past, they also signed Gilbert to a 6 year 111 million contract, which is the dumbest move in NBA history to date...
Wall is still young, but still has some potential to be exploited...he kinda reminds me of Rose when he just entered the league... at first I felt the same with Rose when he first entered the league as well...I felt Beasley had more upside potential compared with Rose...but couple years later, it became more obvious that Rose was definitely improving at a even higher rate than Beasley, and I do admit I was wrong about Rose's potential. At least I don't think this contract is as worse as Arenas's contract... but maybe Wall can prove all of us wrong with his future.

I question your stance as a basketball fan if you think Beasley is better than Rose...
PFB3
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#4 » by PFB3 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 4:43 pm

luxurytax wrote:
edward00 wrote:At first I was really skeptical why Wizards would make such a move with Wall... If you look at the players in every team, it is true that Wall does not deserve a max contract... But if you look at Wizard's past, they also signed Gilbert to a 6 year 111 million contract, which is the dumbest move in NBA history to date...

I question your stance as a basketball fan if you think Beasley is better than Rose...

you didn't actually read what was written, did you?
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#5 » by ImHeisenberg » Sun Aug 4, 2013 4:44 pm

Too early to tell.

Return to Polls Discussion