Which college coach would be the best fit for the NBA game?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which college coach would be the best fit for the NBA game? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Tue Aug 6, 2013 5:06 pm

1. Calapari
2. Self
3. Hoiberg
4. Donovan
5. Izzo
6. Krzyzewski
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Which college coach would be the best fit for the NBA ga 

Post#2 » by Donnyxc » Tue Aug 6, 2013 7:13 pm

Can't even believe other people even voted for someone who isn't Coach K.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Amory
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Amory » Tue Aug 6, 2013 9:46 pm

Donnyxc wrote:Can't even believe other people even voted for someone who isn't Coach K.

Fo sho.

No question at all.
ronmarshall
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#4 » by ronmarshall » Wed Aug 7, 2013 3:13 am

I think it's definitely Hoiberg. He has NBA experience as a player. He understands the league. Coach K's experience with USA basketball has substance, as does Calapari's with the Nets, but at the end of the day, I think a player who was around the pro game in the modern era as long as Hoiberg really has the best chance of success.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 952

Post#5 » by pickIBL » Wed Aug 7, 2013 5:26 am

Hoiberg is a great recruiter that rolls the ball out and says "good luck guys"... sounds like a future NBA coach to me.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
jbzy
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#6 » by jbzy » Thu Aug 8, 2013 5:45 am

Donnyxc wrote:Can't even believe other people even voted for someone who isn't Coach K.

i'd probably say hoiberg and izzo over coach k at the nba level.

at the same time not taking anything away from him at any level, just feel like those two would have better control and able to coach grown men better.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,680

Post#7 » by hype_2004 » Thu Aug 8, 2013 8:12 pm

pickIBL wrote:Hoiberg is a great recruiter that rolls the ball out and says "good luck guys"... sounds like a future NBA coach to me.

yup, Hoiberg has all the tools to lead "grown" men into NBA success, with all due respect the rest of the other candidates have never dealt on the level of pro-athletes. They have never played alongside NBA players and lack the familiarity towards the pro-game. You can have the dictator presona in college and be successful but leading/teaching/rallying pro-athletes with guaranteed contracts is whole lot different than having to deal with amateurs kids who can be cut at the moments notice.
edward00
Freshman

Post#8 » by edward00 » Fri Aug 9, 2013 1:39 am

hype_2004 wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Hoiberg is a great recruiter that rolls the ball out and says "good luck guys"... sounds like a future NBA coach to me.

yup, Hoiberg has all the tools to lead "grown" men into NBA success, with all due respect the rest of the other candidates have never dealt on the level of pro-athletes. They have never played alongside NBA players and lack the familiarity towards the pro-game. You can have the dictator presona in college and be successful but leading/teaching/rallying pro-athletes with guaranteed contracts is whole lot different than having to deal with amateurs kids who can be cut at the moments notice.

please help explain the definition of pro -athletes. Last time I checked , coach K has been coaching the national team full of NBA players for almost the past decade. With all due respect, i rarely watch ncaa games , so I never even heard of Hoiberb , but I have heard of coach K ever since he started coaching for the national team.
edward00
Freshman

Post#9 » by edward00 » Fri Aug 9, 2013 1:46 am

ronmarshall wrote:I think it's definitely Hoiberg. He has NBA experience as a player. He understands the league. Coach K's experience with USA basketball has substance, as does Calapari's with the Nets, but at the end of the day, I think a player who was around the pro game in the modern era as long as Hoiberg really has the best chance of success.

dude…ever since they've heard coach k will be back coaching again , they immediately drop the idea of selecting betweencoach pop and Doc, which are probably in the top 3 spot amongst the nba coaches . Even when KD and CP3, heard the news that Coach K was coming back , they immediately agreed to play for the national team for Rio and possibly Spain FIBA as well.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 952

Post#10 » by pickIBL » Fri Aug 9, 2013 3:08 am

jbzy wrote:

i'd probably say hoiberg and izzo over coach k at the nba level.

at the same time not taking anything away from him at any level, just feel like those two would have better control and able to coach grown men better.

I voted for Izzo because he can recruit and COACH. I was not complimenting the mayor.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL

Return to Polls Discussion