Which team will win the Southwest Division?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team will win the Southwest Division? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 pm

1. Spurs
2. Grizzlies
3. Rockets
4. Pelicans
5. Mavericks
ErikJustice
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Which team will win the Southwest Division? 

Post#2 » by ErikJustice » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:09 am

At least this division isn't as clearcut as the Northwest Division.

I wouldn't write off the Grizzlies though, even though the Spurs seem like a no-brainer at this point (until we can see what Houston can do).
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#3 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Yeah I think the Spurs will take the division unless something bad happens to Duncan, Parker or Ginobili.
1. Spurs (Can't ever go wrong w/ a trio of Ginobili, Duncan and Parker even if they're old. They showed that they can still play at a high level and keep up w/ the young bucks)
2. Grizzlies (One of the best 4 and 5 duo's in the NBA and they're big and strong and can back you down; a much improved bench should also help)
3. Rockets (Looks good on paper w/ Harden and Howard but it'll take time to mesh and I don't see them meshing too well)
4. Mavs (They'll be able to put up points w/ the addition of Monta Ellis and the Mavs will be a much better team w/ a chance to possibly snag the #8 seed)
5. Pelicans (They're expected to use a 3 guard set in their starting lineup w/ Holiday, Gordon and Evans and that's gonna be tough night in and night out against teams w/ bigger backcourts)
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#4 » by BallerTalk » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:Yeah I think the Spurs will take the division unless something bad happens to Duncan, Parker or Ginobili.

Something bad has already happened to Ginobili. While he will still have his moments throughout the year, I think you can go ahead and add him to the rapidly declined list.
Fortunately for the Spurs, Tony Parker is still playing at a stellar level and that helps mitigate the loss.

That said, I expect Houston and San Antonio to be neck and neck at the top of this division throughout the year with Memphis coming in a close third.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-

Return to Polls Discussion