Which team will win the Central Division?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team will win the Central Division? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:22 pm

1. Pacers
2. Pistons
3. Bulls
4. Cavaliers
5. Bucks
quantity
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: Which team will win the Central Division? 

Post#2 » by quantity » Tue Oct 1, 2013 4:47 am

Pacers only won four more games than the Bulls last year and that's without Rose playing, obviously. I know Indiana improved over the offseason, but I think Rose's return is bigger for Chicago than Scola and Watson will be for Indy.
nimit
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#3 » by nimit » Tue Oct 1, 2013 5:28 am

quantity wrote:Pacers only won four more games than the Bulls last year and that's without Rose playing, obviously. I know Indiana improved over the offseason, but I think Rose's return is bigger for Chicago than Scola and Watson will be for Indy.

Indy is stacked, and the best they have been since the Reggie days. If the Bulls stay healthy, I don't think anyone can get past them, including Miami.

Can't wait for the season to start, so many solid squads in the league!
pacerized
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#4 » by pacerized » Tue Oct 1, 2013 12:49 pm

The Pacers will dominate the central this year. PG will improve, Hibbert started slow last year but was the best center in the nba by the playoffs. Add Scola and the return of Danny Granger and they get past the Bulls with ease. Strange how everyone just assumes that Rose will return to all star form after his surgery but everyone forgets about Granger. The Pacers took the central last year without the guy that was their leading scorer for the past 5 years. Add that to last years team and the sky is the limit.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,064

Post#5 » by vic » Tue Oct 1, 2013 3:24 pm

Pistons upgraded in a major way, I think they definitely win the Central.

With Drummond actually getting minutes this year, plus 2 borderline all star playoff performers from Atlanta and Milwaukee in Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings...

That's like 3 new stars added to one team in one summer... the improvement will be much more drastic than people think.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
ocellatus921
Junior
And1: 14

Post#6 » by ocellatus921 » Tue Oct 1, 2013 9:07 pm

vic wrote:Pistons upgraded in a major way, I think they definitely win the Central.

With Drummond actually getting minutes this year, plus 2 borderline all star playoff performers from Atlanta and Milwaukee in Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings...

That's like 3 new stars added to one team in one summer... the improvement will be much more drastic than people think.

I don't think the Pistons will win the Central but I think they'll win 50+ games.
Whopper_Sr
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#7 » by Whopper_Sr » Tue Oct 1, 2013 11:29 pm

ocellatus921 wrote:
vic wrote:Pistons upgraded in a major way, I think they definitely win the Central.

I don't think the Pistons will win the Central but I think they'll win 50+ games.

I'd say between 35 and 40 wins.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#8 » by donaldtrump_00 » Wed Oct 2, 2013 12:41 am

its a toss up between chi and indy.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,586

Post#9 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Oct 2, 2013 1:13 pm

Gotta go with the Bulls. With Rose back, I expect them to return to being the regular season juggernauts they once were. I think the Pacers will be more of a threat in the Playoffs to the Heat, but I think Chicago will come out on top in terms of regular season wins by 2 or 3.

LOL at the Pistons winning more than 50 games. They certainly look more polished on paper compared to last season, but that team has a lot to prove playing in an extremely tough division to just chalk them up for 50+ wins before the preseason even has begun.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#10 » by luss54321 » Thu Oct 3, 2013 5:47 am

Bulls.

NO CHANCE Indiana wins the Central.

They only had 4 games on Chicago last year WITHOUT Derrick Rose... The youngest mvp in league history
Whopper_Sr
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#11 » by Whopper_Sr » Thu Oct 3, 2013 10:47 pm

luss54321 wrote:Bulls.

They only had 4 games on Chicago last year WITHOUT Derrick Rose... The youngest mvp in league history

Is being the youngest MVP in NBA history increase his chances of winning a championship?
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#12 » by luss54321 » Fri Oct 4, 2013 8:41 pm

Whopper_Sr wrote:
luss54321 wrote:Bulls.

Is being the youngest MVP in NBA history increase his chances of winning a championship?

First, let me help you out with your grammar. DOES being the youngest MVP is the correct way to say it.

Second, let me help you with your dumb question. Are you asking whether winning the award increases his chance of winning a championship? If so, the answer is obviously no and you should feel bad for even asking. OR are you asking whether having the talent and ability which allowed Derrick to be the youngest MVP in NBA history will help him win a championship? The answer to that is obviously yes

Return to Polls Discussion