Which team do you consider to be the favorite in the Eastern Conference?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team do you consider to be the favorite in the Eastern Conference? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:57 pm

1. Bucks
2. Raptors
3. 76ers
4. Celtics
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: Which team do you consider to be the favorite in the Eastern Conference? 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 3:46 am

With all the moves the Sixers just made they're more than likely reaching the ECF... Might could just win the chip, too
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
QWERTYUIOP1248
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by QWERTYUIOP1248 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 4:54 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:With all the moves the Sixers just made they're more than likely reaching the ECF... Might could just win the chip, too

sure I voted for them, for the east, but there's no way anyone in the league will beat the Warriors
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#4 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:34 am

QWERTYUIOP1248 wrote:
IAMZOOTED2 wrote:With all the moves the Sixers just made they're more than likely reaching the ECF... Might could just win the chip, too

sure I voted for them, for the east, but there's no way anyone in the league will beat the Warriors

you 100% sure? there may not be anyone on the Sixers roster who can contain Stef or KD completely, but at every other position it's a push or even in the Sixers favor. For example, Embiid over Dray or Boogie at center, Simmons/Jimmy Buckets over Klay at the 2, Tobias over Dray at the 4...
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#5 » by tigerae » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:00 pm

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:
QWERTYUIOP1248 wrote:

you 100% sure? there may not be anyone on the Sixers roster who can contain Stef or KD completely, but at every other position it's a push or even in the Sixers favor. For example, Embiid over Dray or Boogie at center, Simmons/Jimmy Buckets over Klay at the 2, Tobias over Dray at the 4...

I'm not sure I can agree with that. Embiid is the only one that you can take over Green/Cousins and with Cousins its more of a push if he gets to the all-star level he once was by the time the Finals come around.

Klay is also more of a push with Simmons or Jimmy depending on which Klay shows up. The one who can make shots or the one he can't hit the side of a barn. He's pretty decent on defense as well, especially if he's making shots.

Tobias offensively for sure is more talented over Green but defensively Tobias will have a hard time scoring on Green.

If Sixers can take turns scoring and pick until they have Curry on them since the Warriors like to switch everything, it could be a great series. The Sixers have made quite a few changes to their roster this season and will have some very tough battles in the East that they will first have to get through.

If you just look at the teams on paper in the East then yes the Sixers have a very talented team, but the Raptors and Bucks also got better at the deadline. It will all depend on how well each team's chemistry is once the playoffs come and how they can feed off eachother instead of getting in eachother's way to get their own (looking at Butler for example who wants to be THE guy instead of one of the guys). The Warriors on the other hand already have their chemistry set to max.
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#6 » by arasu » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:55 pm

QWERTYUIOP1248 wrote:

Injuries happen. The most likely scenario where the Warriors lose in the playoffs is KD or Steph misses a series.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#7 » by Sam195 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:24 am

arasu wrote:
QWERTYUIOP1248 wrote:

Injuries happen. The most likely scenario where the Warriors lose in the playoffs is KD or Steph misses a series.

injuries and potential 1 game suspensions to the headcases of cousins/draymond for fouls and other nonsense. Draymond cost the warriors a title in 2016 with his antics. And Cousins who has never played a playoff game in his life is bound to be just as vulnerable in such a high emotion setting. Add to that one superstar injury and the warriors chances of a three peat drastically decrease. Had CP3 not gotten hurt in game 6 of the wcf last year we could have witnessed a historic upset on Houston's home court in game 7 especially with the level of play Harden has recently showed he can amp up to if he is really on a roll.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#8 » by dice » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:28 pm

raptors are betting favorites, very slightly ahead of bucks, who are very slightly ahead of Celtics, who are slightly ahead of sixers
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#9 » by dice » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Sam195 wrote:
arasu wrote:
QWERTYUIOP1248 wrote:sure I voted for them, for the east, but there's no way anyone in the league will beat the Warriors

injuries and potential 1 game suspensions to the headcases of cousins/draymond for fouls and other nonsense. Draymond cost the warriors a title in 2016 with his antics. And Cousins who has never played a playoff game in his life is bound to be just as vulnerable in such a high emotion setting. Add to that one superstar injury and the warriors chances of a three peat drastically decrease. Had CP3 not gotten hurt in game 6 of the wcf last year we could have witnessed a historic upset on Houston's home court in game 7 especially with the level of play Harden has recently showed he can amp up to if he is really on a roll.

the game draymond was out the warriors lost by 15. barnes went 2 for 14. kinda hard to say draymond cost them that game. and to say he cost them a title is foolish

as for harden, he has performed significantly worse in the playoffs in his career
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
soapm3
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#10 » by soapm3 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Hmmmm... Seems like there's a team missing from the middle of that list...
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#11 » by Barcs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:43 pm

soapm3 wrote:Hmmmm... Seems like there's a team missing from the middle of that list...

LOL, the Pacers aren't going anywhere without Oladipo. They aren't a bad team, don't get me wrong, but they aren't challenging Bucks, Sixers, Raptors or Celtics in a 7 game series. I'd even consider Brooklyn more like at this point.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#12 » by pagal » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:26 am

soapm3 wrote:Hmmmm... Seems like there's a team missing from the middle of that list...

Agreed. Pacers are still VERY good and fun to watch, even without Oladipo, which makes it such a shame that he got hurt. I have them getting through the current #5 team in the first round and be VERY competitive in the second round.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#13 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:48 am

pagal wrote:

Agreed. Pacers are still VERY good and fun to watch, even without Oladipo, which makes it such a shame that he got hurt. I have them getting through the current #5 team in the first round and be VERY competitive in the second round.

After Oladipo went down the Pacers lost 4 in a row by an average of 15 points. Then they went on to win 6 in a row by an average of 16.5 points. I don't know what this team is... but people counted BOS out last season when Hayward and Kyrie were both out. We will see.

Return to Polls Discussion