Can the Grizzlies reach The Finals this season?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Can the Grizzlies reach The Finals this season? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:11 pm

1. Yes
2. No
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Re: Can the Grizzlies reach The Finals this season? 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:58 pm

anything is possible but it will not happen
mafoutz
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#3 » by mafoutz » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:06 pm

Not this year. And they probably should bring in another vet to help them get over the hump. That team has the best scouting group in the league. Outside Morant and Triple J, everybody was a sleeper. All homegrown talent. Spectacular basketball minds in that franchise.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#4 » by LaRance » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:49 pm

HA!!!!!
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 313

Post#5 » by TimeisIllmatic » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:17 am

They're about one piece away from the Finals I'd say.
globalki
Ballboy
And1: 28

Post#6 » by globalki » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:51 pm

Speaking as a Grizzlies fan, I would prefer they do not--it's more ideal if they show natural growth by winning a first round series but then falling in round two. The worst thing would be to become the Hawks, where an expectation of the Eastern conference finals came into play with Trae Young's emergence. Winning round one is then ideal while giving them valuable experience in round two but then still having room to grow.
davidavydave
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#7 » by davidavydave » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:27 am

globalki wrote:Speaking as a Grizzlies fan, I would prefer they do not--it's more ideal if they show natural growth by winning a first round series but then falling in round two. The worst thing would be to become the Hawks, where an expectation of the Eastern conference finals came into play with Trae Young's emergence. Winning round one is then ideal while giving them valuable experience in round two but then still having room to grow.

Wow, you'd prefer your team not have success in the playoffs?! While I understand your sentiment about expectations, why does it matter how others perceive your team and their future success? As a fan, shouldn't you just want your team to win as much as possible? Screw the haters and all that. Just enjoy your team's success. I sincerely doubt any ATL players or fans are at all upset about the Hawks winning a playoff series. And I think it's pretty damn safe to say that Ja and co. would not be upset at making it to the Finals, even if they lose......I would absolutely love to see you ask Ja, "Would you rather experience natural growth and only win the1st round, or would you rather play in the NBA Finals for the championship?"

This is coming from a severely spoiled Lakers fan. We're either not making the playoffs or are a 1st round exit team this year. Regardless, I never want any of my teams to exit early in the playoffs for any reason...let alone due to future expectations....like what??? I simply can't imagine having that type of mindset as a fan.....reach for the stars man! Your team is killin it this year!
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#8 » by fuller4379 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:12 pm

It is very possible this year. There is no great team in the Western Conference.
H00PDREAMS
Veteran
And1: 112

Post#9 » by H00PDREAMS » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:56 pm

Splash Bros. + Draymond = WCF Champs Book it.

Return to Polls Discussion