Should Tracy McGrady be a first ballot Hall of Famer?

Vic_PhillyFan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Should Tracy McGrady be a first ballot Hall of Famer? 

Post#21 » by Vic_PhillyFan » Mon Sep 2, 2013 5:14 am

Jack wore plaid wrote:
basketboule wrote:This is the 4th best Shooting Guard of all time we're talking about here......................

I thought we were talking about T-Mac?

Yes T-Mac. You argued playoff success as a knock on him, but that's not a good argument. Jeff Van Gundy, while speaking about T-Mac, said that playoff success can be extremely overrated. There's more that comes into play then just one player. He used KG as an example. A year before he went to Boston (2008), and played on the best team with one of the best coaches, he played on a terrible timber-wolves team. Did KG become a totally different player? NO. He just finally got some help. T-Mac never had that. Read about him, Coaches love him, his teammates loved him. He was a Great player. Not particularly on of my favorites, but great nonetheless. And to add to that, How do you explain Bernard King being inducted this year and not T-Mac when he's eligible?? I mentioned the Gervin comparison, King is an even better comparison to T-Mac. I'm sorry to tell you but T-Mac is going in to the HOF. And you should check a list of player already in if you don't believe me. Just read the Dumars comparisons at the bottom of these comments.
Vic_PhillyFan
@Dictorino
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." - Dr. J
http://www.tumblr.com/theflagrantfoulendeavor
paulos22
Ballboy

Post#22 » by paulos22 » Wed Sep 4, 2013 7:37 am

vic wrote:Funny how the same people that hate on players for trying to join better teams are the same people that judge a dominant player harshly because "they never won anything with their team."

THANK YOU SIR!
paulos22
Ballboy

Post#23 » by paulos22 » Wed Sep 4, 2013 8:01 am

The HOF is not exclusive to a professional basketball's players playoff success in the NBA. It includes a player's pre-NBA statistical results added with any accolades that have been obtained before and during his tenure. A player's value to a team is as well considered when making this decision. Nobody heard of Tracy Mcgrady from Auberndale. He came out of no where when playing in the ABCD camp and showed the country what he was capable of doing. He is the best versatile SG (with his frame) in NBA history. If everyone can do a quick search of the roster he was accompanied with during his tenure with the Orlando Magic especially during the series to which they faced the defending champs, there is no way Kobe Bryant would've put that team in a 3-1 position. I'm sure if you've interviewed Kobe and asked, just like any superstar, he would say yes due to his innate competitive nature. But when you have the second best SG of NBA History say the following about him?, how could he be questioned to not be part of the HOF?. I can only agree with the naysayers IF injuries never took a toll on him the way that it did. But copy and paste below and hear word for word as to what he had to say about Tracy and I'll wire transfer anybody on paypal $5000.00 if T-Mac doesn't get inducted to the HOF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlSfTbsctRs

WE NEED NOT SAY MORE to you T-Mac haters.

He is a bonafide HOF. What he has shown the world overcompensates his lack of playoff success. But remember, this is a TEAM SPORT. Any and every superstar in NBA history would agree that they would've not put themselves in a position to win a championship given the historical rosters that've accompanied this bonafide superstar. And please, whoever on this thread thinks they can build a case to argue against his HOF eligibility BRING IT ON!

Return to Polls Discussion